Chapter 3: Famous People Problems

Today I was going to hang out with Manny. We were going to the Manhattan Mall to just shop and chill. I laced up my sneakers and threw my hood over my head. I slid my black shades on and applied my red lipstick. I was still Beyonce's daughter and the paparazzi surely knew who I was. I tucked my hands in my hoodie pockets and walked out the front door. My mother was out performing like always, My step-father was hanging with his buds, and Blue Ivy was with him. So basically everyone was out today. I met Manny outside and we began our chill day. Of course I had security guards with me cause people be getting crazy. 

"You look gorgeous today Bahja." Manny smiled. 

"Manny you can hardly see me..." I giggled. 

"But I know you look beautiful." Manny held my hand. 

"Thanks Manny." I blushed and put my head on his shoulder. When we finally arrived at the mall it was packed as ever. I took the hood of my hoodie off of my head. But I was smart. I had a beanie on under the hood so people really wouldn't recognize me. Plus my hair was straight today and people usually see me with curly hair. As we scavenged through the mall going from store to store, I decided to stop and eat at the food court. Stupid of me to decide that but I wanted to feel normal for once and not be known as Beyonce's daughter. I actually had my own fan base...crazy right? But I respect my fan base and I surely love them. Manny and I still held hands while I ordered a vanilla coffee from Starbucks. 

"Is that...Bahja Carter?" One girl whispered behind me. I started to panic. I tapped my nails ferociously waiting for the Starbucks lady to finish making my coffee. But the lady was taking way too long. On top of that my hat fell off!

"She is Bahja Carter! Everyone look it's Queen Bey's daughter!" The girl behind me yelled. Really? Did you really have to yell that? I quickly grabbed my finished coffee and started to fast walk to the stairs. My security guards instantly went into action calling all the unit officers in the mall to come help me. Soon a whole bunch of officers swarmed around me and rushed me down the stairs. I pulled my hood over my head again. My mothers going to kill me! Manny was laughing while I on the other hand was too hung over being killed by my mother. What was she going to use? A belt? Knife? or maybe a gun...she looks like a gun person. When Manny and I got back to my house we were out of breath. 

"That was fun." Manny smiled. 

"Speak for yourself. When my mom gets home she's going to kill me!" I said frantically. 

"No she won't. Beyonce is so elegant and humbled." Manny said. 

"Not when it comes to punishments." I said under my breath. Before Manny could argue back with me again my mother slugged through the door and threw her purse on the ground. 

"Hey baby." She slumped onto the couch and curled up into a ball. 

"Hey ma!" I said nervously. She hasn't heard about the mall craze yet! I can live for a few more hours! I was about to jump with glee until my mother turned on the news. Manny and I popped up on the screen. I tip toed back in my room and locked the door. I know it was bad for me to leave Manny under the bus like that but you gotta do what you gotta do. 

"Bahja Shamoni Carter!" My mother raged. And there goes my life. 

"Yes mother dear?" I yelled back. 

"Get your behind in here." My mother fumed. I slowly walked inside the living room. I bit my lip and hoped for the best. 

"Why are you on the news?" My mother pointed to the television. 

"What had happened was okay you see I have a twin her name is also Bahja Carter so like-"

"Bahja." My mother gave me the straightest face. 

"I just wanted to be normal for a few hours..." I frowned. 

"Bahja do you not get it? We can never be normal. We're too far in the industries now baby. You have to learn to stay out of the media, paparazzi, and news eye." My mother combed through her straight hair. 

"But ma I don't even have no friends except Manny...If I do have a friend that person always ends up using me to meet you." I pouted. 

"How about I introduce you to some of my friends children. I'm sure Tameka would love for her daughter and you to become friends." My mother pulled me closer to her.

"You mean Zonnique?" I asked. 

"Yeah...I think that's her name. I'll contact Tameka and you guys can hang out tomorrow. Sounds good?" My mother smiled widely. 

"Yeah...sounds good." I nodded. 

"Alright well I'm going to bed." My mother hissed in pain as she got up from the couch. 

"Need help ma?" I worried. 

"Nah. I just need a masseuse. Care to call for one?" My mother wobbled to her room. 

"I gotcha mama." I dialed my mothers masseuse, Mary. After Mrs. Mary agreed to come I started cooking. 

"Look whose still alive." Manny said popping from out of nowhere. 

"Where'd you go?" I raised an eyebrow.

"The bathroom." Manny shrugged.

"You hid in there?" I giggled lowly. 

"Yes and no. I used the bathroom and hid in there." Manny chuckled. 

"Crazy kid." I took the noodles out the cabinet and sat the box on the counter. 

"Don't you have a chef to do all this?" Manny swirled in the swivel chair. 

"Yeah but If I don' know how to do anything what use am I in this world?" I brought the Ragu out the refridgerator. 

"You know Bahja you're really humble." Manny said. 

"Thanks." I smiled pouring the noodles out of the box. 

"Jay and Blue up in this junk!" My step-father busted through the front door.

"Oh lawd." I laughed. 

Famous People Problems.