Chapter 9: Hanging Out

I knocked on Zonnique's door three times. Her door swung open and she had her water gun in her hand. I jumped a little.

"Oh...Bahja." Zonnique lowered her water weapon.

"Hey Zonnique..." It was awkward between Zonnique and I.

"Come on in." Zonnique stepped aside. I sat on the familiar bed and observed the room. Nothing has changed at all. 

"So why are you here? Not to sound rude." Zonnique asked. 

"I-uh wanted to hang out with you." I rubbed my arm. 

"Okay. What do you want to do?" Zonnique plopped next to me, startling me. 

"Uh what do you guys do for fun?" I asked. 

"Well there are lots of things we do for fun. Like water gun wars, movie time, swimming in the pool, and going to the game room." Zonnique gave suggestions. 

"Oh..." I gulped. 

"How about we just chill in my room and listen to music? Any suggestions for that?" Zonnique giggled. 

"Well uh. How about-"

"Do you know who Chance The Rapper is?" Zonnique cut me off asking her question.

"Chance the who?" I raised an eyebrow. 

"I'll play one of his songs for you!" Zonnique smiled and went to her docking station. She was scrolling down her playlist until she pressed one. The bass blared through the speakers catching me off guard. 

Chance acid rapper, soccer, happy sacker

Cocky khaki jacket jacker

Slap happy faggot slapper 

Iraqi rocket launcher 

Shake that Laffy Taffy, jolly raunchy rapper

Dang, dang, dang,- skeet, skeet, skeet

She do that thang for three retweets

The album feel like '92

Then take that bomb for Heat, three-peat

Chance, ho, I said cruising on that LSD 

Ask yourself about my deal

You'll go batshit "hell yeah- let's eat!"

This shit my favorite song, you just don't know the words

But I still fuck with you, you just ain't never heard.

I scrunched my face up wondering what in the world he was trying to rap about. But I liked his flow so I continued to listen it until the end. I even asked Zonnique to play it once more. I smiled as I memorized the words in my head. Soon Zonnique and I were flowing along with him. When we were finished rapping and the song was over we laughed to death. 

"What's this guys name again?" I giggled. 

"Chance The Rapper." Zonnique giggled with me. 

"Zonnique It's swim time. You and Bahja coming or nah?" Domani asked. 

"Bahja you wanna go?" Zonnique looked at me. I thought about it then smiled.

"Sure!" I nodded. Luckily I had my bathing suit under my clothes incase one of those swimming pool and water weapon accidents happened. Sounds crazy but you always gotta be prepared at Zonnique's house. I shimmied out off my clothes while Zonnique was in the bathroom putting on her bathing suit. When Zonnique was finished we got water guns just incase and made our way to the pool outside. I'm ready to have some water fun. 

"Attack!" The small kid yelled. Major was his name.