Chapter 2: Studio Suprises

After getting some rest after the flight, I headed to the studio with my mother. When we got inside the office we walked all the way down to Studio B or "Bey" as I would like to call it. The room was empty and the lights were off. I was about to turn on the lights when my mother stopped me. 

"Turn on the lights but dim them." My mother instructed. I raised an eyebrow.

"Trust me. It helps your creativity." My mother said. I did as she told and dimmed the lights. I went inside the sound booth and placed the headphones on my head. 

"Baddie Bee what are you going to sing for me today?" My mother smirked. 

"1+1 By Baddie Bey." I grinned. My mother scooted her chair up to the panel and moved some stuff. 

"Alright go ahead darling." My mother smiled. I cleared my throat and waited for my cue.

"If I ain't got nothing, I got you. If I ain't got something (I don't give a....) cause I got it with you. I don't know much about algebra (But I know) One plus one equals two...and it's me and you. That's all we'll have when the world is through (Cause baby) We ain't got nothing without love...Darling you got enough for the both of us (So come on baby). Make love to me when my days look low, pull me in close, and don't let me go. Make love to me so when the world's at war let our love will heal us all (right now baby). Make love to me (me, me, me,me) oh, oh make love to me." I ended it before the second verse.  My mother's mouth hung open as she clapped repeatedly

"Baby your voice is so gorgeous!" 

"I agree." A man said standing in the door way. 

"Oh Dan...I didn't know you'd be in the studio today." My mother smiled. 

"I have to do some finishing touches for your album." Dan shrugged. 

"Well we'll just get out your way." My mother grabbed her purse and swung it on her shoulder. 

"Oh no no stay. I insist. Her voice is angelic...I want to hear more of it." Dan smiled widely. My mother frowned but quickly covered it up with a fake smile. 

"Can you sing something for me sweetie?" Dan picked something up from the table and handed it to me. On the very top it read "XO By: Beyonce" It must be one of the songs from my mothers album. I went back inside the booth and put back on the headphones. The music began. 

"Your love is bright as ever. Even in the shadows...baby kiss me. Before they turn the lights out...your heart is glowing and I'm crashing into you...baby kiss me. Before they turn the lights out before they turn my lights out...baby love me lights out. In the darkest night hour, I search through the crowd. Your face is all that I see, I give you everything baby love me lights out, baby love me lights out. You can turn my lights out. You don't have forever...ooh baby daylights wasting. You better kiss me..before our time is runned out. Nobody sees what we see...their just hopelessly gazing. Oh baby take me before they turn my lights out, before our time is runned out, baby love me lights out. In the darkest night hour, I search through the crowd...your face is all that I see I give you everything  baby love me lights out, baby love me lights out, you can turn my lights out. I love it like XO, you love me like XO, you kill me boy XO, you love me like XO. All that I see, give me everything, Baby love me lights out [x2] You can turn my lights out." I sung. 

"Beautiful! Just beautiful! I guarantee you will be signed by next month." Dan clapped repeatedly. 

"May I have a word with you Dan." My mother glared. 

"Sure Mrs. Carter." Dan followed my mother out the room. When they came back in Dan went straight to working on whatever he came to work on. 

"Bahja let's get out of Dan's way." My mother said as she slung her purse over her shoulder again. I nodded and took the headphones off my head. I grabbed my bag and followed my mother out the studio door. In the car it was quiet as a mouse. 

"Mom did you hear what Dan told me? He said I could be signed by next month!" I said with glee. 

"Yes baby. I heard him. But I don't want you in the industries yet...you're too young." My mother sighed. 

"Mom I'm sixteen! They let Willow Smith in the industries at twelve. I think I'm old enough." I argued. 

"But I'm not Willow Smith's mother now am I? I believe I'm Bahja Carter's mother." My mother spat. 

"But mom!-" 

"Bahja I said no. You're not going to throw your personal life away at sixteen. I'll show some leeway when you turn eighteen but for now you just enjoy being young." My mother had the last word. Mother= 1 and Bahja= 0. I kept my mouth shut for the rest of the ride home. When we got home I stormed out the car and into the house. 

"Whoa Bahja!" My step-father stepped out my path. I ran into my room and jumped onto my bed. My mother was so unfair and selfish! She probably didn't want me to be in the industries cause she knew that I was going to top her since I was young! Tears of anger slid down my face as I bit my lip. 

"Beejah?" Blue Ivy slowly made her way into my room. 

"Not now Ivy." I said trying to pull myself together for the sake of my sister. 

"Beejah..." Blue Ivy frowned. I sighed and sat up. 

"Come here Ivy." I opened my arms enough for her to fit in them. 

"I lub you Beejah." Blue giggled. 

"I love you too Ivy." I cracked a small smile. I looked up and saw my mother staring at us. 

"I'm leaving for my shows..." She straightened her posture. I sat Blue down on the floor and hugged my mother. 

"I love you ma." I squeezed her tighter. 

"I love you to babe." She patted my back. I let her go and she kissed my cheek. She then walked over to blue and picked her up. When they walked out my room I let Cali in and plopped back on my pink sheets. I placed my beats over my head and turned on some relaxation music. So many Studio Surprises.