Chapter 15: Too Much

All night I watched television and hugged my pillow pet. The morning light shone through my window. My mother is still out and I'm getting kind of worried...my step-father is calling everywhere and anywhere to see where she is.  But nobody seems to know where she is. My panick mode instantly turned and I called Dylan. After three rings Dylan answered her phone. 

"Bahja?" Dylan's voice rang through my phone speakers. 

"Dylan we dont know where my mother is! She's been gone for an extremely long time now." I bit my lip. 

"Bahja calm down. She's in the hospita-"

"Hospital?!" I panted. 

"Yes she's-"

"Is she okay?" I croaked. 

"Yes! If you stop cutting me off then I can tell you what happened." Dylan said. 

"Sorry." I poued. 

"It's okay. Your mother is fine she fainted while performing. They gave her some medicine and ordered that she have bed-rest. Y'know Bahj, she's really stressed..." Dylan sighed. 

"No. I didn't know that." I closed my eyes. 

"Oh. Well she'll be home in a few hours. Please watch her Bahj." Dylan pleaded. 

"I will Dyl." I agreed before hanging up.

I fell back onto my bed and relaxed until my mother got home. I didn't know my mother was that stressed out...If I knew that then I would've made her take a break for a few days, weeks, or months. I threw my pillow off my bed in a rage. Why didn't my mother tell me?! Why? I crossed my arms while glaring at the wall. Blue Ivy picked the pillow up and wobbled to the side of the bed. She handed my the pillow and climbed on my bed. 

"Sister." Blue Ivy smiled. 

Her smile was so contageous. 

"Hey Ivy." I tried so hard not to smile back at her. 

"Smile beautiful." Blue Ivy uncrossed my arms and tugged at my lips trying to form a smile. 

I did what she said and smiled. 

"Beautiful!" Blue Ivy clapped. 

"I love you Blue." I giggled watching her clap. 

Blue snuggled up under me and we watched The Power Rangers together. For some weird reason she has an addiction to them and I don't know why. But hey that's what she likes to watch so I don't care. I heard the house's front door slam close and a moments later my mother came limping in my room. 

"Bahja." My mother waved. 

"Mom why aren't you resting?" I jumped to my feet. 

"Because I wanted to check on you guys." My mother pouted. 

"We're fine. You're not. Plus Blue and I would've came to your room!" I helped her into her bedroom and onto her bed. 

"Bahja it's not that serious. I'm okay. I fainted because It was too hot." My mother said. 

"Ma you said it yourself. You fainted!" I pulled the cover over her body. 

My mother cut her eyes at me and folded her arms. I could care less if she wanted to be treated like she's not sick. She is sick and she will be taken care of. 

"Wipe that expression off your face." I said strictly

"No." My mother had a fierce look on her face. 

"Beyonce Knowles if you don't wipe that nasty, ugly acting, unattractive, look off your face I will put you on punishment." I warned. 

"Wow this is so backwards." My step-father came in the room chuckling. 

"Tell her to stop bossing me around Shawn! I told her I'm okay." My mother groaned.

"Man this is so backwards...but honey I think you should listen to Bahja's instructions." My step-father backed up. 

"What?!" My mother shot up. 

"You said you wanted me to help you with something Blue? Alright I'm coming!" My step-father ran out the room.  

"Scaredy cat." My mother huffed and sat back down. 

"Well if you're okay now, I'm going to bed." I turned to walk.

"You ain't get no sleep last night because of Manny?" My mother swung her legs over the bed. 

"No that's not it at all. I was just so worried about you that I ain't get to sleep." I lied. 

She knew I was lying. 

"Sit." She patted the empty bed space beside her. 

I sat down and crossed my legs. I really don't want to talk about Manny right now but knowing my mother she won't talk to me until we talk about him. I rather continue to be depressed and let the pain take over. Should I? 

"Start from the beginning." My mother demanded. 

I started from the way beginning until the very end. Of course my mother shook her head and frowned when I told her that Manny was cheating on me while sitting right next to me.

"I knew Manny was no good...but I'm not going to say anything to him." My mother sighed. 

"He was so different and appreciative of me." I placed my head in my hands.

"He was buttering you up sweetie. Players do that. They make you tgink they are so in love with you and then go back to their other girls and do the exact same thing. But I wish I would've caught Manny. We've known him for many years..." My mother patted my back. 

"Why? Was I not good enough, too clingy, or was I too good?" I frowned. 

"None of them baby. That's just how players deal their cards." My mother kissed my temple. 

I hugged my mother before going inside the bathroom and getting in the shower. I'm going over Zonnique's house to brighten my mood. Once I was dressed and ready I ran down to the car and practically jumped in. The drive to Zonnique's house was surprisingly short and soothing. I don't know why but it was. Uncle Tip was sitting on the steps watching Domani, Messiah, King, Major, and Deyjah play basketball. 

"Hey Bahja!" Uncle Tip waved at me. 

"Hey Uncle Tip." I waved back as I got out of the car. 

"Wanna play?" Messiah slid in front of his father. 

"No thanks. Is Zonnique home?" I walked up the steps. 

"Zonnique, Zonnique, Zonnique, is she the only person you come over for?" Messiah rolled his eyes. 

"Uh yeah...she's kind of my best friend." I replied awkwardly. 

"Fine then." Messiah stormed off. 

"Okay..." I raised an eyebrow before going into the house. 

I raced up the stair case and opened Zonnique's bedroom door. 

"Hey Zonnique I think I made Messiah ma-" 

There was Manny. All over Zonnique. Kissing.