Chapter 4: Crazy Family

My body shifted in my seat. I was going to meet Tameka's or "Tiny's" daughter today. My mother had to practically drag me out my room, into the shower, dress me, and throw me into the car. I was too nervous to do anything by myself. This is my first girlish friend in my whole entire life! Not once have I ever had a friend that was a girl. It was always boys because that's who protected my mother and my family our whole lives. Well maybe if you count the back up dancers my mother has...but I only talk to Melanie and Rylenn so that really doesn't count. I chewed on my finger nails like a beaver chews on wood. 

"Bahja stop chewing on your nails. Why you so worked up babe?" My mother pulled my fingers away from my mouth. 

"Because this is my first girlish friend in my whole entire life!" I covered my face. 

"Oh yeah I forgot..." My mother looked kind of guilty. She pulled me closer to her and lied my head on her lap. 

"It's going to be okay Beauty. I promise." My mother gave a reassuring smile. 

"That's what you think..." I mumbled. The car jolted and a few minutes later our car doors were opened. 

"We're here Mrs. Carter." Our driver said. 

"Thank you Fred." My mother said getting out the car causing my head to plop on the seats. 

"Oop sorry baby!" She covered her mouth laughing. I groaned and like a turtle, I took my time getting out the car. Fred rang the door bell and the door instantly opened. 

"Bey!" Tameka cheered while hugging my mother. 

"Hey Tameka!" My mother greeted. 

"This must be Miss Bahja." Tameka grinned. 

"Hey." I waved awkwardly. 

"How are you babe?" Tameka pulled me into a tight hug. 

"I'm good." I croaked.

"Zonnique! Beyonce's daughter is here!" Tameka's voice boomed through the mansion. Tameka smacked her lips after awhile. 

"She's shy. Let's go up to her room." Tameka guided me and my mother up to her daughters room. Tameka knocked three times and then opened the door. Her daughter was sitting on her bed, legs crossed, and listening to music. 

"Zonnique!" Tameka grimed. Zonnique lifted her head up from her phone and gasped. 

"T-that's s-she's Beyonce! Oh my freaking gosh Beyonce is in my room!" Tameka's daughter fanned herself. 

"Hey sweetie..." My mother looked petrified.

"Can I get your autograph...better yet can you kiss everything in my room?" Tameka's daughter was fangirling too hard. 

"Uh I'll have Bahja give you something from me." My mother pulled me outside. 

"Ma do I really have to be-friend her? Can I atleast be-friend someone who isn't a fan of yours." I huffed. 

"Boo I don't think that someone exists..." My mother bit her cheeks. I sighed and played with my fingers. 

"Bahja you'll be fine. I'll pick you up at eight...in the morning." My mother rushed down the stairs. 

"Wait mom-"

"Bye Tameka!" My mother waved at Tameka who was now standing next to me. I heard the mansion door shut. 

"Lunch will be ready soon babe." Tameka reassured me before walking down the stairs herself. I breathed heavily before entering Tameka's daughters room. 

"Wassupo?" Zonnique smiled. 

"What?" I furrowed my eyebrows. 

"Wassupo?" Zonnique asked again. 

"Wass-u-what?" I was clearly confused. 

"Wassupo means What's up." Zonnique took off her beats and placed them back in the box under her bed.

"Oh!" I face-palmed myself. I stood there awkwardly for another five minutes. 

"Are you gon sit down or nah?" Zonnique giggled.

"Oh yeah." I sat on the far end of the bed. The door busted back open and two little boys came in with water guns. 

"Take this!" They screamed in unison while spraying water on me and Zonnique. 

"Duck!" Zonnique pushed me on the ground with her. 

"What in the freaking heck!" I said covering my hair.  The two little boys ran out the door. Before Zonnique got off the floor she slid something from under the bed. It was two large water guns. 

"They're already loaded." Zonnique smirked while kicking her door open and checking if the coast was clear. Me on the other hand was still trying to figure out how to work this thing. 

"Zonnique how do you work this-" I looked up and Zonnique was already out the door. I looked down at the water weapon and then followed Zonnique out in the hall. 

"They're probably outside." Zonnique raced down the steps and out the back door. Again I was still trying to realize what was happening. You know what forget it. I followed Zonnique and hid next to her. 

"There they are." Zonnique grinned evilly. 

"Revenge!" Zonnique yelled while running toward the boys trying to spray them. But a girl and a boy popped out of nowhere and shot at Zonnique. 

"It was an ambush!" Zonnique realized and ducked. I began acting of nowhere. I shoot at the boy and girl, taking them down easily. Then I sprayed the two little boys who shot at me and Zonnique earlier. They fell into the pool...oops. 

"Oh my gosh!" I gasped holding my mouth. 

"Pool time!" The older boy yelled jumping in. Zonnique pushed me in and then jumped in after. What the heck?! The two little boys swam up to the side of the pool scaring the heck out of me. I'm done! I got out of the pool and stormed inside. Tameka was in the kitchen. 

"May I please call my mother?" I asked politely. 

"Oh my...the phone's over there." Mrs. Tameka pointed to the wall telephone. I typed in the number and dialed my mother. One ring...two ring...three...

"Bahja?" My mother's voice rang through the phone. 

"Mom you have to come pick me up. These people are crazy!" I whispered so Tameka wouldn't hear. 

"Bahja relax. Have some fun. I'm on my way to a performance so I have to go." My mother's voice soothed me. 

"Okay...love you ma." I shifted from foot to foot. 

"I love you too hun." After my mother said that she hung up. I put the phone back up on the hook and relaxed. 

"Do you have any clothes I could wear Mrs. Tameka?" I asked. 

"Ask Zonnique she probably does." Mrs. Tameka nodded. When I walked out the kitchen Zonnique was standing by the stairs with a frown on her face. 

"Bahja! We're truly sorry. We didn't mean to get you all soaked. We were just playing around..." Zonnique stopped me. 

"It's fine. I just need some new clothes." I said. 

"Come with me." Zonnique pulled me up the stairs and into her room. 

At lunch everybody was packed inside the movie room watching Black Nativity. Zonnique sat on my left side while Messiah, whose name I just learned now, sat on my right. Messiah has been flirting with me ever since well now. 

"You remind me of those small oranges...what are they called?" Messiah was snapping his fingers. 

"Cuties?" Deyjah raised an eyebrow. 

"Oh yeah." Messiah smirked at me. 

Please get me away from this crazy family. S.O.S!