Chapter 1: Big Sister Duty

Blue bounced around the room smiling and giggling. Her smile was so contagious and her laugh...so gorgeous. My little sister was a truly a piece of work. I guess something about Miami, Florida excited her. My gold iPhone buzzed and my mothers contact picture popped up. I slid the green button to answer the call. I guarantee If I didn't answer this call she would call me a million more times until I do answer.

"Hey ma what's good?" I asked.

"Everything's fine. How are you and Blue?" My mother automatically turned on her worried mother questions.

"We're okay ma. I just fed her and now she's playing around with her toys." I said watching Blue run the toy car back and forth while making car noises.

"Well I was just checking on y'all...Jay and I should be home by like 12:00p.m alright? Jerry and Manny are coming over there in a few so open the door for them." My mother said.

"Mom did you really send Jerry and Manny over to babysit us? I told you we were fine!" I sighed.

"I know, I know. I just want to make sure y'all are safe. Plus I know that little connection you and Manny share. But I gotta go baby...see you tonight well morning. Bye." My mother clicked off. I huffed and shifted my attention to Blue who was now walking my way.

"Beejah." Blue chanted hitting on my leg.

"Hey Ivy." I softly pinched her cheeks.

"Hungy." Blue pouted.

"What? I just fed you!" I giggled. I picked her up and carried her to the kitchen. I kissed her forehead repeatedly then sat her in her favorite chair that was covered with cartoon characters. I opened the food and put it on Blue's little table. Blue devoured it in a matter of seconds. I guess she was really hungry...now I feel like a bad big sister. My left hand raked through my curly hair as the doorbell rang. I looked through the peephole before opening the door. Jerry walked in and looked around for messes or floods. I lowly rolled my eyes and turned back to Manny. He was tall, brown skinned, and had a really nice hair cut. I know thats not a vivid description but it'll do for now.

"Hey Bahja." Manny smiled.

"H-hey Manny." I instantly got butterflies. Why did I have butterflies? I don't know. I've been around this guy for like years now. Manny closed the door and locked it behind him. He took a seat on the end of the couch and patted the the cushion on his right side, indicating he wanted me to sit next to him. I quickly took up the offer and sat beside him.

"Bahja why didn't you sweep? Look at all these crumbs and this dreadful dust!" Jerry was laying on his stomach. Really? Just Really Jerry? Was it that serious?

"Because I can't see through the carpet like you can Jer." I put a fake smile on my face. Jerry huffed as he got off the floor and got the vacuum and broom. I rushed over to Blue and picked her up out of her favorite chair since I know she hates the sound of the vacuum cleaner. I took her in her play room and I had to play as she would call it "Vroom Vroom Car!" with her for a good fifteen minutes. After that she was worn out and I placed her in her bed that was covered with cartoon characters. I guess she had a thing for cartoon characters. I turned off her lights but turned on her night light and the wall above her was covered in stars. I kissed her forehead and made my way out the door into the living room. I didn't close the door because I needed to hear her if something was wrong. Manny was watching ESPN while Jerry was cleaning the already cleaned house from top to bottom. Jerry is such a clean freak! I mean who even sees crumbs and dusts inside the carpet? Well I guess Jerry does...weirdo. I plopped next to Manny and changed the channel to VH1 and "T.I.&Tiny" was on. I loved this show! My eyes were glued to the television screen while Manny's eyes were glued on me.

"It's almost time for your mother and father to come home Bahja." Jerry said showing me the alarm on his phone. Blue Ivy began to cry and I got up to go check on her. I turned on the lights and Blue was standing by her bed and wiping her eyes.

"Beejah?" Blue frowned.

"Ivy what's wrong?" I picked her up and walked back out into the living room.

"Bahja we leaving. See you later." Manny and Jerry waved while walking out the door. I closed and locked the door behind them. Man this hotel room was hot! I turned down the thermostate and sat Blue on the couch. Fifteen minutes later the door opened and my mother and step-father came through the door. Blue Ivy squealed while I got up and practically jumped the two.

"Ma! Daddy!" I hugged the two.

"Hey babies." My mother kissed my cheek and than picked up Blue and kissed her cheek too.

"What's up daddy?" I said crossing my arms and leaning like a gangsta.

"Chillin' what about you?" My step-father imitated my pose.

"Dad you're such a lame." I giggled.

"Oh. But when we look up the word lame your name appears under it though." My step-father chuckled.

"Okay you two. We all know I'm the queen." My mother said walking over to us with Blue attached to her hip.

"Queen of the lames." My step-father coughed.

"Okay old man." My mother joked.

"Ma when can we go home? I'm tired of being in Miami! It's so hot outside." I groaned.

"Our flight home is in the morning. Then I have a show there." My mother said handing a sleeping Blue to my step-father.

"Oh. When we get home tomorrow can I go to the studio with you?" I was trying to persuade her.

"Yeah...Jay is going to be home with Blue so I guess you can go to the studio with me." My mother sighed.

"Ma you look tired." I examined the bags under her eyes and noticed the way she was slouching.

"I am. Three shows in one day is very tiring." My mother sat on the wooden stool.

"You're such a hard-working woman ma. I want to be like you when I grow up." I smiled looking at my gorgeous mother.

"And baby I gurantee you will be like me when you grow up. You have the voice, the look, and the fierceness." My mother complimented me. Flattered much? yeah.

The next day we were boarding the jet to go home to New York. I couldn't wait to be in my own bed! I especially couldn't wait to see Cali, our family dog. I missed her so much and I know Blue did too since her and Cali are basically best friends. I got comfortable in my seat and put my pink over ear beats on and turned my favorite song on "Worst Behavior" By Drake. I really do hope I fall asleep so I don't have to endure however many hours it takes us to get home. My wish was granted and I fell asleep on the white cushioned seats.

I woke up to Blue laying on me and staring straight at me. I shook my head while smiling and moved her off of me. I yawned and leaned into the cushions, 'resting' my eyes.

"Beejah! Beejah!" Blue Ivy chanted.

"Okay, okay I'm getting up! Sheesh Blue." I leaned up and stretched.

"Babies were landing in New York now." My mother said opening the curtains.

Ahhh home sweet home. The big apple.