When You Give Him A Second Chance

Jeff

Jeff visits you every day, and even though you have told him countless times to leave you alone, he hasn't. Every day, he comes by at eleven, which is usually when you're deciding to eat breakfast, and he knocks on the door, and tries to get you to let him apologize, but obviously you don't listen, and you shoo him away, and he doesn't bother you until the next day, at the same time. Today, you got up, and went to make a bowl of cereal, and you sat down, and stopped yourself before pouring the milk in the bowl.

He hasn't knocked yet... has he given up?

You and your conscience seem sad...

And to think, we were going to say yes today...

*knock knock knock*

"Conscience!!! He didn't give up!!!" you whisper before standing up and composing yourself before going and opening the door.

"Hey, Y/N... today I came by for a different reason... I wanted to tell you that I finally got it through my head that you aren't going to take me back, so I came to offer you your knife back, in case you actually hate me and you really do want to stab me, so you can."

He hands you the knife, and it has a cute bow around it. You look at it in awe, and take it from him, and set it on the window sill behind the door.

"Jeff... now its your turn to hear me out, and listen to me." he nods feverishly, and you speak in a soft tone.

"To tell you the truth, I've missed your hugs and your kisses, your cheeky little compliments to me. I miss your laugh, and that beautiful, carved smile, and your soft hair. I miss spending time with you and all of your little habits and hobbies... And I... I miss you." you say, trying to convey that you want him back, without actually saying it.

"A-are you... are you saying that... are you saying what I think you're saying?" You happily nod your head, smiling.

"You want me back?"

"I want you back Jeff!!!" you say, tackle-bear hugging him. After a few moments, you realize you have a boyfriend...

A dead one at that.

"Oh wait!" you say, back-tracking to inside your doorway.

"I have to break up with Da-"

"With who?" Jeff asks.

"M-my boyfriend." you say, and luckily, he dismisses it. You diall Dakota's number, and thankfully, he picks up after three rings.

"Hello, my gorgeous Y/N! How's my amazing girlfriend today? Hey, listen, there's this new little café down the street from the mall, and I was wondering if-"

"Just... pause your sentence there for a second. I know that this isn't easy for either of us... but I can't... I can't be with you anymore."

"Wh-what??? ... why...?" he says, suddenly sounding heart-broken.

God... this is hard...

"I'm so, so sorry... I'm such a dick."

"No... no, you aren't. If you're breaking u-up with me, a-at least tell me why."

"because- ... because-" you stop yourself, and clear your head, sighing.

"Because I found my true love..." you breathe out, as Jeff's eyes go wider than they will ever go again.

"Oh... I understand... but could we still keep in contact?" he asks, hopefully.

"Of course. Always. Best friends?"