Forty Five (Teo)

I did my best during the final exams, but I knew the results wouldn't be that great for me. I wasn't able to concentrate on anything, because of the big fight Damien and I had.

It had been three days, and he hasn't spoken to me yet.

Damien got really angry when he saw Peter and me together, and I understand him. I hoped I could tell him what I was doing, but it would sound like an excuse. How could I explain everything to him?

How could I tell him – without sounding crazy, and without it sounding like an excuse – everything about Fate and Gaia, and that I was thinking that Gaia purposely sent that doppelganger to break us apart?

The last thing that Damien told me broke my heart; "Fine, if you want to continue seeing that guy, then suit yourself, I won't stop you, but Teo, don't expect me to stay by your side. It's painful. If you want to choose that guy over me, then I would respect that, all I want is to for you to be happy, and if I can't be that guy to make you happy, then I understand."

That time, he didn't even let me reply, he didn't even let me explain my side. He just said that and left. After that, I couldn't contact him anymore. James and Clark said that Damien needed some time to calm down and clear his head and that he wanted to tell me to focus on my exams first.

How can I do that? All I could think about was him!

Ever since I met him, ever since he helped me get over Peter's death, ever since I fell in love with him, not a day, an hour, would pass that I wouldn't think of him.

My mind was so full of him, so why was he doubting my feelings?

It was the end of the semester, and it was supposed to be a happy day, a big celebration, especially since it was UST's Paskuhan; a year-end festivities to celebrate the coming Christmas.

It's not like I was going to attend the event, though, since it is well-known that the campus is packed during the festivities. I don't think I could survive that.

Still, I wanted to watch the fireworks display from our condo with Damien.

The festivities were at full swing across the street; people started to crowd inside the campus. I watched by the glass windows of our unit as the campus was slowly filled with visitors.

"Are you sure you don't want to come with us?" Axel asked me.

"You won't be able to enjoy with me around." I told him. I'll probably pass out with all that people.

"Should I just stay here with you?" He asked me.

"You should enjoy out there, I'll be fine. I won't go out, I promise." I told him.

Axel looked at me with a worried expression, I could tell that he was reluctant to leave by myself that night. "What about you? Are you going to be fine here alone? I mean, you might be surprised, you might actually have fun there tonight..."

"With all that people? That's highly unlikely." I told Axel. "I don't want to get in your way, you'll just worry about me the whole time if I go with you. I'll be fine here."

"It's just that, this seems to be the perfect chance for that stalker to act..." He sighed worriedly.

"I'll lock the front door and stay in my room. I'll call if I need help. Don't worry too much about me, you should have fun with Clark tonight."

"Okay..." Axel hesitated. "You be careful..." He said before leaving.

That festivities made me remembered Peter, our Peter. He would talk about the Paskuhan so excitedly when he was still alive. He had always told me that it was one of the highlights of being a Thomasian.