Forty Four (Ethan)

It was my first taping day after my revelation about my relationship with James. It was regretful, but our relationship remained ambiguous. I mean, I haven't properly confessed to him yet, so he hasn't answered me as well.

James was busy reviewing for their upcoming final exams, I knew that and I was doing my best not to disturb him, but it was really difficult to hold back. I wanted to call him and text him, but I also wanted to give him space to concentrate on his studies.

I just finished shooting a scene when I saw a commotion from afar. An imported car parked near our location and I saw some Cathy Chua alighted it.

Some production assistant tried to stop her, but her bodyguards made sure no one could touch her. She walked straight towards me, not caring about the cameras around.

Without saying a word, Cathy Chua slapped me. "That's for making a fool out of me." She said angrily.

Her slap stung, but it didn't faze me. "I was expecting to get that sooner." I replied.

"Was it fun, ruining my engagement?" She asked me sharply.

"That engagement was one-sided, James had no intention of ever marrying someone he barely knows." I replied back.

"And who should he marry? You?" She scoffed.

"Don't act like a jealous lover, it's not like you really liked James in the first place. You wanted to marry him because of the merits that marriage would give you. It was a business deal for your families, right?" I replied to her.

"So what if it's a business deal?" She scoffed again. "Well, I don't expect commoners like you to understand how people like us live." She said mockingly.

"You're right, I could never understand people like you. Why do you think you're so high above everyone else?"

"You're thrash." She said angrily. "Did you have fun; playing me around, making a fool out of me?"

"What about you? Do you people get a kick out of trying to control other people? Do you really think you're so much better than you can do whatever you want in the expense of someone else freedom?" I replied to her. "Sure, I'm thrash, but you people are much worse."

That comment only aggravated her more, and another stinging slap landed on my cheek. "I won't let this slide."

"Go ahead." I told her. "You can slap me as much as you want, it won't change a thing; James would still never marry you."

She scoffed at me. "Do you really think you two can be together? His family won't let it happen. I won't leave you two alone either. Enjoy your fame while it last..."

"Ahh, that's right." I interrupted. "Your father did threaten my career. When do you think he would make his move?" I asked sarcastically.

"You don't have to wait for long, I'll make sure to end your career." She said angrily.

I scoffed at her. "Can you though? I may not have as much power or influence as your family, but I have great friends." I smiled at her. I looked around me and saw people watching us. Some were trying to take photos and videos but Cathy Chua's bodyguards were stopping them. "Take your bodyguards and leave, if you don't want to be caught on camera, then you shouldn't have gone here in the first place."

Cathy Chua left, angrier than before.

"Are you alright?" Diana approached me.

"I'm fine." I replied as I rubbed my cheeks.

"You should really learn to keep your mouth shut at times." She told me. "Sometimes, it's better to just keep quiet. It's not like you always have to win a fight to win the war." She told me.