Thirty Two (Ethan)

As our lips touched, I felt nothing. There were no electricity, no spark, not even a tinge of excitement. It was nothing.

When the director said 'cut', and Diana and I moved away from each other, all I could think about was that kiss that James stole from me.

Unlike the emotionless kiss I just had with Diana, that kiss was different, it was the exact opposite.

It was exciting, my heart pounded, and I felt that spark all throughout my body. It frustrated me, it drove me crazy that I felt all of those emotions when he stole that kiss form me that night.

James didn't say anything, he uttered no explanation, and it only confused me even more. He drove me back to my condo in silence, but the loud beating of my heart was deafening.

I couldn't accept what was happening to me, I couldn't understand why I was feeling that way towards him. And I couldn't understand why he kissed me.

He was supposed to be in love with Teo, so why was he playing that game with me? What was he trying to prove? Why was he messing with my head?

I went back to my tent and saw a few messages on my phone, all from Cathy Chua. Despite James' protest, I continued having contact with Cathy Chua, there was no way in hell I would let those two meet.

The crazy notion that Cathy Chua would give in and listen to James was preposterous. James is the total package; smart, rich, out-of-this-world kind, very handsome, sexy... Fuck, I just called him sexy...

What I'm trying to say, is that only a total lunatic of a girl would take a pass on him. And after meeting and learning how forward that Cathy Chua can get, I was convinced more than ever that she would not let him go, she might shackle him if needed just to keep him.

Cathy Chua was inviting me to go clubbing that night, and I was thinking of a great excuse that wouldn't make her suspect that I was getting really tired of being around her. I'm not being mean, but I just had dinner with her a couple of nights ago.

"Ethan..." The production assistant entered my tent. "The director wanted to shoot a few more scenes on location since the weather is so nice today. Will it be alright with you if we extend the shooting for a few more hours?"

"Yeah, sure, I have no plans today anyway." I said instantly. At least I have an excuse to avoid being with Cathy Chua.

I've been out with Cathy Chua more than I would like to be, and I was hoping that it would gain some media traction. Our pictures started surfacing on the social media, but the rumours weren't that strong for the mainstream media to cover it.

I was very careful not to show Cathy Chua my real colours, I tried so hard to act like James when I am with her. I didn't even send her any mix signals. If she falls for me and breaks the engagement herself, I want her to think that it was because of an unrequited love. I didn't want to be involved with another love triangle.

My phone rang again, at first I thought it was another message from Cathy Chua, but it was from James instead. 'Where are you? Are you on set?' he asked.

'Yeah, why?' I replied nervously.

'Where is that? Until what time are you shooting there?' He replied back.

'Why are you asking?' I asked him back. I had no idea what James was trying to achieve. Why was he even asking where I was?

'Just tell me. You know, I can ask Pam instead.'

'You don't know Pam's number. Wait, do you?'

'I got it from Teo.'

Darn it. I gave Pam's number to Teo in case of an emergency and he couldn't contact me. Since Pam is my PA, and she knows almost all of my schedule, I thought it was a great idea at that time.