Eighteen (Ethan)

I had the worst luck growing up.

I never knew who my father was because after he got my mom pregnant, he ran away. All I know was that he's a visiting American soldier.

We often moved, because of my mom's job. I never get to have a lasting friendship with anyone. And the few relatives that we have, they're the worst. They kept borrowing money that they would never pay back.

It's not like we're well off; Mom worked tirelessly the whole day to earn that money. So she could provide for me.

My mom got sick, so after graduating from high school I started working. I worked as a waiter at a restaurant, that's where I was scouted by a talent manager. I thought that being an actor would pay more, so I accepted the offer.

Even in my career in showbusiness, I got no luck. If I wasn't the bestfriend of the lead, I got killed early in the story. I haven't really got any proper screen time to get famous.

Then one day, everything changed for me. My luck suddenly turned around.

About two years ago I got an offer to be a runaway model at Philippine Fashion Week. It was a good exposure so I accepted the offer. After a few days, I was surprised to get a formal offer from Z.L. Modeling.

Z.L. Modeling, I couldn't believe that a top New York modelling agency would offer me a contract. I mean, they produced supermodels one after the other. Some even get casts in big TV series or Hollywood films.

Needless to say, I accepted to offer. Finally, about more than a year ago, my career finally took off. Not just internationally, but also locally.

From being a nobody, the name Ethan Andrada was suddenly everywhere. I couldn't be any happier, but I can't help but feel that something is still missing.

Not only in my career, signing a contract with Z.L. Modeling also turned my personal life around. For the first time in my life, I formed long and lasting relationships with people. Teo might be the first real friend that I ever got.

Teo is an interesting person. He's cute and timid, but very stubborn. Even though he's pampered his whole life, he hates getting unnecessary attention. Did I mention he's cute?

Having Teo as a friend meant being friends with Axel too. Well, it's not a bad thing really, but he could so childish and nosy. It's tiring.

I would be lying if I said that I don't like hanging out with him too.

So, when I got an offer to do a prime-time series in the Philippines, I accepted without a second thought, so I can hang out with Teo, and sure, Axel too.

"Ethan, here's your chocolate chip cookie." My personal assistant, Pam, said as she handed me the plate.

"Ehh? Is this it?" I complained as I broke the cookie into two pieces. "It's already cold, and there's not much chocolate in it..." I sighed. "I like it warm and filled with chocolate chips..."

"You're still sulking?" Pam asked me. "I'm sorry for tagging along, but Mr. Hernandez would kill me if I leave you alone. He's your manager, he's only thinking the best for you."

That day was supposed to be just me and Teo, but even before I could see Teo, it was already ruined.

I just landed back in the Philippines the night before, and I told Mr. Hernandez that I would reject any work until I meet Teo, in exchange, I need Pam to tag along the whole day.

"I'm not." I sulked again.

"Even with the mask and shades, I can tell..." Pam insisted.

"Forget it." I sighed. "Did you find it?" I asked with my legs crossed.