Forty Two (Teo)

I don't know if she was letting me see that golden aura around her intentionally, or if it was because of the miracle brought by the pendant of Fate, all I know is that I had to be careful of that woman.

"Hey, Teo, what's wrong?" Axel nudged me.

"It's nothing..." I lied.

Peter's unit looked very neat and organized. He had that modern theme going on and it quite reminded me of how our Peter liked things simple yet classy.

It was quite a casual gathering, and Peter's guests didn't seem to mind how much younger we are to them. "So, how are your preparations for the finals going?" Peter asked me.

"I'm still quite nervous about it... I don't know if I'm already prepared for it..." I told him honestly.

"Do you need some tutoring?" Peter asked again.

"Ummm... I think I can manage." I replied. Damien would kill me if I accept that offer. Besides, Axel was already helping me study, and that was enough.

"I wouldn't take that offer, if I were you, Teo." One of Peter's friends said. "He might seem nice, but he's a terror. He doesn't have that much patience."

Peter only laughed off his friend's teasing. "Don't scare him, I might be his professor in the future."

"Really, you're in civil engineering, what year are you in?"

"First year..." I replied.

"How young..."

"Peter, you sure have changed. Weren't you interested in older women before? You've really changed your type, huh." Ela said as she approached me.

"You're making him uncomfortable." Peter complained.

"Teo is already dating someone." Axel said with a smile. "The campus heartthrob."

"That's too bad, Peter..." His friends teased.

"Don't mind them." Peter told me as he patted my shoulder.

I couldn't not mind them. Their teasing was making me uncomfortable. And even though I wasn't doing anything wrong, it made me feel guilty too.

It was a casual gathering. There were foods and some cocktails, and Peter's friends were playing some harmless party games.

Damien promised that he wouldn't take long, but was still missing-in-action. I tried to call him to ask where they are, but he wasn't answering my calls. I also messaged him, but he wasn't replying.

I was alone in one corner trying to reach Damien while everybody else was playing a game. "You know, Peter really had changed." Ela told me as she approached me. I wondered if she knew that I could see her supernatural aura. "I mean, he was involved in a traffic accident about two months ago, he was in the ICU for days, his family thought he wouldn't survive. Then miraculously, he woke up. He wasn't the same, though. He was brooding and serious before, but now he's outgoing, adventurous, and really positive all the time." Why is she telling me all of this? What is she trying to do? Should I confront her? "It was like he's a completely different person."

"What are you saying to him?" Peter approached us.

"Nothing..." Ela said and winked at me.

"She didn't say anything embarrassing about me, did she?" Peter sat down beside me.

"How long have you known her?" I asked him. It was a sudden question, but my curiosity was killing me. I wanted to know who that woman really is, and I won't let her manipulate me.