Thirty One (Clark)

It was less than a week before the final exams, and everyone was scrambling to finish their projects, papers, and still manage some time for review.

All of that, I can manage, but Marissa asking to meet me, it was just too much to handle.

"Just meet with her. I'll come to if you want." Axel said when I told him about Marissa. "Maybe she wants to patch things up with you. Maybe she finally decided to accept your apology."

"After all these years? I don't think so." I told him. "You don't know how Marissa is like. Her best talent is holding grudges."

"You think she's still mad at you?" Axel asked. We were having lunch at the mall after he bought some new games.

"I don't know..."

"Well then, talk to her. You'll never know until you do." Axel moved his hand and held mine on top of the table. "If you're feeling anxious, I can go with you. I'll watch from afar if it would make you comfortable."

"That would help a lot, thanks..." I told Axel.

Meeting Melissa, I had a hope that we could patch things up. Maybe even try to become friends again.

My lost friendship with her was one of the things I regretted after my relationship with Nelson fell apart. I understand her anger, I did betray her, and I don't know how much more I should apologize before she finally forgives me.

"Can I stay at your place for a while?" Axel asked as we drove back.

"Sure, but why?" I asked him.

"There's construction going on at the unit across ours, it's too noisy. I want to sleep before I play my games." He told me. "I think someone is moving in soon."

I should've known that Axel wanted to do more than sleep.

"James is not here?" He asked with a small smile as we entered the empty unit.

"He went out, I don't know where, though." I replied.

"And Damien is still on a date with Teo." He added as he placed his games down on the table. "I'm tired... You don't mind if I sleep in your bed, do you?"

"I don't mind..." I replied carefully.

"Great!" Axel said as he walked straight to my room.

When I got to my room, I finally started to realize what Axel was trying to do. What made me realize it is when he took his shirt off before lying on my bed.

God his body looks nice. It was great, and it was difficult not to look at him.

"What about you? Aren't you tired?" He asked me.

"I'm fine..." I gulped.

I knew what he wanted to happen, but he was trying to make me ask for it instead. That bastard, I already confessed to him first, there's no way I'm going to ask to do it with him first too.

I wasn't going to back down. I could play that game too, so I started changing there in front of him.

"Are you trying to seduce me?" Axel suddenly said.

"What?" I asked him as I put on a pair of shorts. "Don't be ridiculous."

"Then what's with the striptease?" He added.

He was making me blush in embarrassment. "It's not a striptease, you pervert. I'm just changing my clothes. What about you; aren't you supposed to be sleeping. Why are you watching me change?"