Twenty Four (Teo)

I swear, I saw a golden light enveloped the transformer before it exploded.

As soon as Damien's lips touched my skin, that light appeared.

It looked like the same light The World had. So, there was no doubt in me that Gaia was behind that explosion.

Was that what she meant by not letting me spread more anomalies? What was The World really trying to do?

Everything happened so fast.

As the transformer exploded, I felt my necklace pulsate. It felt warm. Then, all of a sudden, time slowed down around me.

I could see everything moving in slow motion. Like I was watching a movie.

When the explosion happened, Damien shielded me with his own body, instinctively, embracing me. He held me tightly as my whole body shook with fear.

Golden lights surrounded the base of the pole and made the pole fall down in our direction.

Is Gaia trying to kill us? Does she hate it so much that Damien and I are happy together that she wants to get rid of us? What about the balance of the world she was talking about? That's right, I'm an anomaly, so it doesn't matter if I die, after all, I should've been long dead. But, what about Damien? He knows nothing about the whole thing!

The pole fell down slowly, and thanks to the miracle by Fate, I was able to pull myself and Damien away from its path.

When it fell down, electric lines went flying, but thanks to Fate, Damien and I were left unscathed.

"Teo! Are you alright? Are you hurt?" Damien asked as things finally subsided. He was still holding me, refusing to let go.

"I'm fine..." I gulped. My heart was racing at that moment. We almost died, but I couldn't tell him that. "I'm fine..." I repeated, not knowing what else to say. "What about you? Are you alright?" I was panicked. He was closer to the pole than I was.

"I'm fine." I held his shoulder and turned him around to see any injury, thankfully there was none.

"That's a relief..." I said and then embraced him.

That was a close call. I didn't know what I would do if anything happened to Damien. I cannot lose my love for the second time.

When Peter died, I couldn't do anything, but things are different. I have miracles to help me. We Fate on our side.

His Dad ran out and made us come back in for a while. He gave us some tea and some cake to calm us down. He was very worried.

"Are you sure you two are fine? You don't need to go to the hospital or anything?" Raphael asked.

"We're fine, Dad." Damien replied.

"We're not hurt..." I added.

"Are you sure?" Raphael asked again.

"Yeah." Damien replied.

"Okay. You can stay here until you both calm down." He said. "You can't drive yet, Damien, I can see you're still a bit shaken."

Damien never let go of my hand. He was holding me tightly, and I could tell that he was very worried too. He was afraid too, but he didn't show it to me. For my sake, he stayed strong.

All of my fears disappeared, the moment Damien held my hand. Sure, from time to time, what Gaia would do next would worry me, but Damien's touch reminded me that we are strong enough to overcome it.

I was still a bit shaken when we reached the condo.

"Teo, are you alright?" He asked me as we walked out of the elevator.