Seventeen (Clark)

Even though there were no classes that Monday, because of National Heroes Day, members of TFE were busy preparing for the org's General Assembly. It's some sort of party to welcome commemorate a new Academic Year for the org and to welcome the new recruits.

The preparations were going well, although the process and everyone involved was very chaotic. What made things more toxic, though, were the mood of everyone involved.

Seeing Elisse lounge around and do nothing made me really irritated. She arranged the venue - which here family owns - and that made her think that she had done the most work and didn't have to help at all anymore.

If she didn't want to move a finger then why was she still hanging around? Right, because of Damien.

Why doesn't she just go away? She's taking up space.

I'm pretty pissed off at Elisse. Why? Because she asked me how close am I with Axel, and I knew exactly what she was trying to say. That spoiled brat is trying to get some dirt on me that she could use as a leverage so I would help her with Damien.

As if!

Freshmen and new recruits aren't allowed to help. Everything about the GA was supposed to be a secret to them, except for the venue and required attire. Needless to say, both Axel and Teo weren't around.

Without Teo around, Elisse could finally wrap her hands around Damien. Well, she could try.

A sudden stinging slap hit me on the back. "Son of a bitch! James!" I shouted as James stood beside me. "What was that for?"

James handed me a can of cola and then smirked. Right, he just went out to buy some drinks. "Guess who I saw outside?"

"Who? Axel?"

"How come you guess Axel first?" James asked.

Shit! Why did I? Am I thinking about that idiot too much? "What? You told me to guess... so I guessed..."

"It's actually the anti-Axel."

"Anti-Axel? Nelson? What is he doing here?"

James laughed. "So you think Axel is the opposite of Nelson. That says a lot." He smiled as he teased me.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Considering how much you hate Nelson - at this point -, I think you know what I mean." James added with a smirk.

"Tsk!" I clicked my tongue and glared at him. "What is that guy doing here? Did you talk to him?"

"Why would I talk to him? I just saw him at the carpark. Is he still bothering you?" James asked. "Just talk to him properly, I don't think he would ever stop until he gets to talk to you."

"Are you really my friend?" I asked him sarcastically. James looked at me doubtfully. "There's nothing to talk to him about, okay."

We finished preparations by lunchtime. I was so sure that Nelson had gone home by then, so I waked without any worries.

Boy, that was stupid.

We were at the carpark - Damien, James, and I -, picking where we would eat when I heard Nelson's voice. "Clark!" He called as he approached me.

"Oh god! Fuck this!" I panicked. "How long are you going to keep this up?" I asked Nelson. There was no running away from him. "What are you even doing here?"

"Look, before you even get angry at me, I'm not here to bother you. Marissa was confined today." Nelson explained.

"Ohhh..." My heart fell after hearing the news.