Meeting

Me, Meghan and an emo kid, Sam are the only ones that are allowed to leave the adoption center since we are the oldest.  I usually go penny boarding to the park and the center market for food. We all have phones but they are crappy as hell. They are flip phones that only include text and call. Just in case someone needs us or in case of emergency.
"Meghan I am heading out ,you wanna come?" I yell to my friend even though we share the same room. 

"No thanks I need to finish my chores." she said.

" I told you, you should have done them earlier." I said while laughing a little. 

"whatever" she said.

As I headed out the door I got on my penny board and started to the market. When I got there I bought an Arizona and a packet of skittles with the allowance we get for doing chores. I went to the park and sat on a bench and just watched everything. Suddenly my fucking phone went off and startled my causing me to drop some of my skittles.
"shit" I mumbled under my breath. 

" Hello" I said as I answered my phone. " Skylar , come back, there are people her to adopt." Said Mrs Bean " OK" I said and hung up.

I didn't mind taking my time to go back to the adoption center. Everyone always wanted a baby or toddler. I will never get adopted. I might as well just move out already with Meghan and we can get or own place.
As I made my way into the room where the adoptions are made I noticed 4 'teenage' looking guys in the seats. They look like they should be out partying and drinking, not adopting a child.  I sat next to Meghan put my penny board next to me my Arizona can on the floor next to the chair leg and the skittles in my lap. Everyone one apperently head their turn saying their name and all that crap already, because everyone including the boys were staring at me. 

"You're turn" Meghan whispered in my ear.

 "Oh I'm Skylar." I said to the crowd of boys.

" I'm Ashton" 

"I'm Calum" 

""I'm Micheal" 

"I'm Luke" They said.

 I nodded my head waiting for something to happen. Something did, the meanest staff member Miss Richman or as I like to call her "Rhino" came storming in. 

She grabbed my wrist hard and tried to pull my in the other room. "Stop, let go, that hurts." I said in a harsh tone.

 " Deal with it twerp." she said.

The boys looked at me worried and I think it was Calum that yelled stop. 

" We want Skylar." said Ashton.

 "You want this dweeb?" asked miss richman shocked. 

"Yeah and stop being a bitch." Yelled Micheal. That caused everyone to laugh including me.

 Luke looked really shy so all he said was yeah.

 " Fine take her." The Rhino said and pushed me towards the chair I was sitting in. I stood there for a while until Ashton said "Well should we go!?" 

"Yeah let me just get my stuff." I ran upstairs while grabbing my penny board, Arizona and skittles. Meghan followed me up the stairs and into our room. 

"I am going to miss you." she said.

 "I know but we can meet at the park and text and call and maybe even visit each other." I said.

 I wasn't sure I wanted to go with 4 random boys, what were they going to do to me. But I was happy since the voices in my head haven't been there in a while.

When I was done packing Meghan and I headed down stairs were the boys were signing papers. I walked over to Maria who was behind the counter. She got up and gave me a big squeeze. 

"I'll miss you." she said.

 "You too." I said back. Before I new it I was walking to their car. After saying goodbye to Meghan and Maria. I think it was Micheal who picked up my bags and put them into the trunks. When I got in I sat next to Luke and the door. Ashton was driving, Calum was next to Luke, and Micheal called shot gun.

I was looking out the window as we pulled out. Then I heard them. The voices in my head.

You'll never be loved

They are just going beat you up

You little whore

I shook my head and looked forward.

" You okay?" Calum asked
"Yeah I'm fine." I lied
"So Skylar what is your favorite color?" asked Ashton
"I have a lot" I laughed "Why?"
"So it can be the color of the walls in your room." said Luke
"Oh ummm maroon?" I say
"Nice" says Ashton
The rest of the ride was the guys shouting lyrics. They were really good actually, they should start a band.
When we stopped at their house I looked up and it was HUGE. "HERE WE ARE!" yelled Michael excitedly
Calum got my suite case and I grabbed my penny board.
We walked into the house and the guys showed me where everything was. They had a pool, a hot tub, even a secret recording studio.
"This is Ashton and Michaels room, that is Luke's and mine room." Said Calum 

"And here is your room!" Said Luke.