Chapter 5 Fired

I walked into the diner and the bell chimed. I looked around and my co-workers stared at me.

“What’s going on?” I said and put my bag down. Kazuto went and sat at one of the stools.

“Asuna Yuuki!” I heard my boss yell. I turned and saw him with his mad face. Did I do something wrong?

“Y-Yes Chef?” I asked nervously.             

“I heard you made customers leave! Asuna, I thought you were better than that. You’re fired!” He shouted. I felt like I got shot. I was fired? How can I be fired? This isn’t real. Kazuto jumped in front of me and moved me to the side.

“Kazuto-“

“It’s not her fault sir. It’s mine.” He said.

“What do you mean boy?” He looked at me. I nodded to him. “You’re still fired.” He plainly said.

“You can’t fire her! She is the best damn person that can cook here!” He shouted. I grabbed his arm.

“It’s alright Kazuto. Let’s just go.” He didn’t budge. I tugged at his shirt. “Come on…” Then he did. We walked out.

“That’s totally not fair Asuna. He shouldn’t have done that to you. It’s not your fault. I was being-“ I covered his mouth.

“You don’t need to worry about it. It’s not you that got fired.” I uncovered his mouth and he stayed quiet.

I made both of us sandwiches and sat on the couch. I handed Kazuto his two sandwiches and leaned back onto the couch.

“Thank you Asuna.” He smiled. I nodded and smiled back. I picked up my sandwich and took a bite. Delicious. Their fault for firing me. I thought.

“A-Asuna.” He quietly said. I looked at him.

“Hm?” I swallowed. “I mean yes?” He leaned in and kissed me.

“I missed that.” He said and chuckled.

“Really now? I never knew.”  I leaned my forehead against his. “You better finish up that sandwich. It’s starting to miss you more.”

“You’re no fun.” I smiled and leaned back on the couch. Kazuto picked up his and ate it. “Hm, so good.” He mumbled.

“Glad you like it still.” He put his arm around my shoulder.

“Of course, it’s just the Diner is too blind to see it.” He said.

“Thank you.” I leaned my head on his shoulder and he pulled me closer to him.

“No problem. So, what are you going to do now? Are you going to get a new job?”

“I-I don’t know. I mean. I’m only good at cooking…I think.”

“Well, you don’t have to get a job.” That wasn’t exactly true. I have to have a job to pay off the bills for the house. Since my parents are no longer- “But if you want to, I can help you.”

“Oh ok…” I started to doze off. I didn’t want to go to sleep. I wanted to stay away with Kazuto. “Kazuto…”

“Ya?” He asked.

“I’m getting…tired.” I blinked a couple of times to stay awake.

“Well before that happens.” He tilted my head up to him and he kissed me again. I think it was just me but he was a good kisser. “You want me to stay? I promise I won’t do anything.”

“Only if you want…” I leaned my head on his shoulder and fell into a peaceful sleep, but it didn’t take long for the nightmare to come back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

>3< Short Chapter ughhhh

Like/Loved:Vote

Hates, Questions, Ideas, Opinions:Comment

Add To Library Or Reading List

Share with Friends?

Follow If Want

Listening To: Lullaby ~ Hypnogaja