Chapter 19 Trust

"Mom....Dad....." I looked around the empty halls, hoping to find them. Where am I? It was dark, but underneath some of the doors, there was light. "Anyone here?" It was quiet, but some people were muttering. I need to find them. I stopped halfway and spotted a single door at the end of the hall. Could they be in there? "Mom? Dad?" I had the urge not to go in there but I need to know. I tipped towed slowly to the door. I noticed underneath the door it was black and something coming from under... I ignored it and put my hands on the door. Should I open it? "Can I come in?" I asked. Nothing stirred, except the muttering around the hall. I carefully put my hand on the knob, my heart began to beat faster. Something was wrong. I twisted it and opened it. Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Don't open it! It was too late.... I screamed at the top of my lungs and fell to the floor. I stared at their dead bodies covered in blood. Their heads with bullets in them, broken arms, stab wounds all over. I covered my mouth from screaming and from being sick. I noticed the floor. It was a dark crimson color....Blood, and I was in it. In their blood! Everyone will think I'm the one that killed them! 

"Poor soul....She lost her parents....no child should ever have to see that...." I heard the people say from the rooms. The hall light flickered and I froze in horror as I looked back.

"Don't pity her....I heard she was the one who killed them...that's a possessed child." Another said.

"Shall we ask the child?"

"Didn't I just say she was possessed she might kill you too."

"Child...." The voice became eerie and footsteps came along. It's a nightmare! This has to be! Mom and dad aren't gone! "Child." I felt cold. The person is behind me... "Let me help you..." I felt the hand and it was soothing but cold. "Look at me." I squinted my eyes and slowly moved my head to look at them. "Open your eyes...." I can't. I can't.

"Mom...Dad....help me...." I shook with fear.

"Please open your eyes...." The voice changed. That voice... I slowly opened my eyes.

"K-Kazuto....." I slowly started to remember. A tear slid down my face.

"Are you ok?" He asked.I looked around, and we weren't in the hall or that place. We were in a flower field with the sun above us.

"I am now, thanks to you." I smiled and hugged him without thinking. 

"You know....you don't have to keep it a secret....I'm here for you..." 

        I felt a someone....a hand...who is this? Where am I? I was at school... "Rika?" I opened my eyes. I was in a bed...a weird bed. Was I in the hospital? 

"Asuna your awake." I looked besides me and saw Kazuto.

"Hi again." I smiled.

"Again?" Oh...I was dreaming...I forgot... "Anyways what happened?"

"I-I don't know...where is Rika?"

"She chased after some dude." He shrugged. "So your ok right?"

"Ya, i'm sure." I nodded. 

"I don't know if I believe you." He crossed his arms.

"Why not?"

"Rika told me you blacked out. That doesn't just happen."

"I did?" I blinked. "I did..."

"Kazuto he ran away..." Rika came in. "Asuna!" She jumped on the bed and hugged me. "Your ok!"

"Ya..but in a few minutes I'm not..." I tried to breathe.

"Sorry not sorry." She let me go. "So..." She glanced at Kazuto. "Never mind...I guess we will talk about it later." She wants to talk about why I past out...but not around Kazuto because he doesn't fully know...

"Rika...can I talk to Kazuto?" 

"Oh sure...I'm going to find that one guy. See ya later! Don't do anything weird!" She threw the peace sign and left.

"What do you want to talk about?" He seemed worried.

"It about what we talked about earlier..."  I looked at him. "I'm ready...to tell you..."

"Ok, but you don't have to."

"I know." I took a deep breath. "I'm a orphan...as you know. My parents.... got...murdered. I was 10 at the time...and it happened in front of me." He just stared unbelieved. It seems like a lie.

"Asuna..." He hung his head low. "That's...just...horrible...I wish I was in that place instead of you."

"No you don't." I shook my head.

"I would've."

"The bad thing is...I can't remember their faces..."

"There was more than one person!"

"Ya...and I almost got killed too..."

"H-How....did you live?"

"The sirens, but they swear that they would come after me. I even saw them a few nights ago...now they know what I look like. That's why I have been with Rika."

"Rika knows?"

"She was the only person that did."

"You could've stayed with me also. I told you I'm here for you, no matter what." He stared into my eyes. "But I'm glad you told me." He smiled.

"Me too...but it won't solve anything. They will still-"

"I think it's time for me to come back in." Rika stepped in and closed the door. "Maybe you should of closed the door ahead of time. People could over hear. So, she basically blacked out because I was telling her we need to check out her house and she got super worried. I don't know why, we have the police watching it."

"Your a good friend Rika." Kazuto told her.

"Thanks, I would also do anything for her."  She put a thumbs up.  "But for real, we do need to go there. I will be with you, and I think Kazuto and I will take turns walking you there. My mom even said she would help with the bills."

"She doesn'y have to..." I said.

"No, no, no. Don't say that. Just deal with it bestie." Rika laughed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Liked/Loved:Vote

Hates,Opinions,Questions:Comment

Share With Friends

Listening To: Parasyte The Maxim Full Opening