Chapter 24 Why Can't You Stay?

Asuna's P.O.V

      "Did you hear?"

      "Hear about what?"

I tried ignoring all the kids, not wanting to hear the rumors that were going around. Even if it is true... Who told them? 

I got up from the table and walked towards the hall. I wish they weren't nosy about other peoples problems...

      "Asuna where are you going?" A petite girl asked me.

      "My room." I told her and walked up the stairs.

I'm tired of them talking about everything...why can't they stop? I grabbed my hands into a fist; Holding  back from screaming or even breaking something. Why did this have to happen?

      "Why?..." I quietly said with tears now coming down my face.

      " Asuna darling why are you crying?"

That voice...I started to shake from the fear that came so sudden. No it's impossible, she can't be here. I looked up and I was speechless.

Mom? I mouthed.

She nodded as she came closer to me. I reached out for her, wanting to feel her embrace again. I wanted the night kisses that I used to get. I wanted my mother back. The one that helped me through tough situations. I need her... I need her...

But I pulled back, realizing it's never going to happen again, from that point, everything changed. I will never get the welcome home after school. I will never get to go on family trips, nothing.

       "What's wrong sweetie?" My mother asked worriedly.

      "Y-You're not.... You're not.... You're not real!" I cried out and ran past the illusion that I created for myself. I slammed the door behind me and buried my face in the pillow on my bed. "Mom and dad...I miss you both so much. I wish I could've done something to help you, but I'm to weak and scared." 

I moved my head to the side and stared at my room. "Hopefully I can get out of here, and take care of the house for you two...it might be hard. They probably have to..." I gulped and shut my eyes. "clean the house and everything... I would have to work really hard to get the house, and I'm only ten."

I moved on my back so I was looking at the ceiling and I could see it cracking a bit. Such an old house... They need to fix it. I continued to look at it and realized it kept cracking. 

I shot up and jumped off my bed. It spread across the whole ceiling and onto the four walls. Is this an earthquake? 

I tried heading for the door, but when I stepped on the floor it broke. I tried getting up but it cracked more and I feel through, into a black mass.

I opened my eyes, slowly blinking to see if I can see light. It was dark in the room, so it must be midnight or something. I rubbed my eyes wondering what the heck my dream was. It was a memory, but not entirely. Me falling was the nightmare part... Am I getting better?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Listening To: Ghosts ~ PVRIS (Nightcore)