Chapter 28 You Were My Hero

Kazuto's P.O.V      Later That Night~

      "I think you should stay with Rika for a bit." I insisted with Rika next to me.

      "Huh, why?" Asuna looked at us both.

     "Safety reasons." I told her. "Or she can stay with you." I shrugged.

I already spoke to Rika and told her what information I had. She thought the same thing.

      "Asuna it would be wise." Rika spoke.

     "Why though? I thought it was safe for me to be back home. There is a cop watching 24/7. Unless... unless you are keeping something from me!"

Asuna faced me with hurt eyes. She doesn't get it...

     "I'm trying to protect you, at least trust me. It's better if you didn't know."

      "I do trust you, but it can't be that bad. I've been through a lot, I need to know."

I sighed at her and ran my hand through my hair. I glanced away from her to Rika. "We are being watched."

I looked back at her and she just stood there with her head low, her bangs covering her eyes.

      "I knew it... I just knew it. What do they want from me!" She cried.

It hurt me to see her frustrated with everything that has been happening. I wish I could help her and get rid of everything.

      "Asuna..."

Rika tried to comfort her, but she stepped away. Rika looked offended and hurt. She looked at me with concerned eyes. "Maybe you shouldn't have said anything." She told me and I nodded slowly.

     "I-I don't understand... what's so important about me, that they want me dead? This is a living nightmare." She kneeled down and cried. "Make it stop!"

She finally snapped and it breaks my heart. I never wanted it to be this way. I kneeled down to Asuna and hugged her tightly, never wanting to let her go. So much things have happened to her and the stress finally got to her. 

This is my fault, I'm not helping enough. My mind screamed and I believed it.

     "I love you Asuna... but I need to go. I'll leave you with Rika, please understand."

She looked at me with sad eyes, making them plead for help.

     "What do you mean? Please don't leave me, I need you..." She started to cry again. She gripped my shirt and pulled me closer. "Please..."

     "Rika knows how to help you and I don't. I'm useless to you." 

     "But you said...you could search up people and it will be fine. You are not useless, you helped me."

"No I didn't. All I did was give you love. I'm not lying, I was getting in the way. I tried to help, but I'm failing. Rika is more help to you." I kissed her forehead and stood up.

Rika looked at me surprised and then stern. "Your leaving her?"

I nodded and she slapped me. Hard. I just turned my face, letting the pain fill my cheek.

     "I trust you with her, keep her safe." I said and started to walk away.

     "Kazuto don't go! Your my hero!" Asuna cried.

I squeezed my eyes shut and kept walking. I need to do this. The pain in my chest was now greater than my cheek. It hurt to let her go. The pain is unexplainable, I loved her so much.

      "Come on Asuna."

     "I'm so stupid! Asuna... I left her crying. Why did I do that? I know it was for a reason, but why when she snapped? What the fuck is wrong with me? I'm the worst boyfriend ever.

I leaned against the wall of a building and closed my eyes. I need to make it up to her. I need to figure out why she is part of the killings. I can't just leave and not do anything. I have to help in the background.

      "Kazuto boy."

That voice. My eyes sprang opened and I looked around. My uncle wasn't lying, we are being watched.

      "Your one of my uncle's buddies?" I asked as a figure came into view.

A guy that was built with tattoos. I know him...

     "It's been awhile Kazuto. I need to ask you a favor..."

      "Hell no! I'm not helping you." I told him.

      "You might want to listen kid. If you don't help us, we will go after that girl. We were already doing that, but we were taking our precious time."

      "Why are you after her?" I fisted my hands.

     "I'm the one asking questions, now answer."

So much for saying that earlier...

      "If I help you, will you promise to not go after her anymore? She doesn't deserve this."

He grinned and nodded. "Of course, now your going to help us hack into servers and get money. Also to find our next targets. Grab him boys."

My arms got grabbed by two other guys that reminded me of thugs. This is for Asuna's safety. Only for her... I will keep you safe, I promise.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Listening To: The Silence ~ Mayday Parade