Chapter 29 I'm Bruised And Scarred

Asuna's P.O.V     A month later~

     I buried my face into Rika's shirt, crying nonstop since Kazuto left. I never felt this alone since mom and dad died. I hated the feeling. He said he loved me, but why did he leave?

     "Asuna, he was a jerk. Don't let it get to you. It's his fault he left a pretty girl like you. Rika told me, but I didn't believe it. 

He said he was useless, but he gave me information. He told me who killed my parents. He is not useless, I'm the one who is.

     "I want him back."

     "You need to go to sleep. You are really stressed out." 

I let go of her and went into my room. 

Kazuto's P.O.V  Few hours later ~

     I slowly typed away on the keyboard. I've been like this for hours. They hardly let me off it. I regret finding locations for them so they could kill. I've even hardly went to school, because they think I will snitch on them. 

I closed my eyes briefly and saw Asuna's face. No stop it! I rubbed my eyes, trying to get a hold of myself. I can't get distracted. I felt my head get smacked and I looked behind me.

     "You're slacking boy."

     "Sorry..." 

I turned back around and continued hacking the banks. Who knew my ability with computers would end up like this? Such a waste...

     "Here's a sandwich."

He set it by my hand and I stopped.

     "Thanks." I plainly said.

     "I have a surprise for you later. I think you might like it."

I twitched as I reached for the sandwich. Though I like them, I can't stand them not being made by Asuna. I miss her... I took the sandwich and bit into it. It's not the same. I sighed but continued eating it. I wonder how Asuna is doing. I hope she is better and that Rika kept her word.

I looked at my phone, I've been debating if I should text Asuna all month, but she might hate me. I closed my eyes and remembered that they watch what I do on my phone. They block certain messages and calls. I wonder why they need my help if they know how to do that.

I pressed enter as I put the last digits into the computer. That's the last of it finally. I spun around in the chair wondering what I could do now.

     "I finished!" 

I shut the computer and stretched. Maybe I could rest for a bit. I walked out of the room and into a tiny room that they put me in. I flopped onto the bed and closed my eyes.

     "He's a cop!" I pointed towards the guy that used to stake out Asuna's house. What the hell is he doing here? 

Everyone laughed. 

     "What's so funny?" I asked.

     "He's not a cop Kazuto. He works for us."

My heart dropped. He...He...He works for them? Asuna has been endangered this whole time?

     "This is part of the surprise I was talking about."

     "Part?"

As I asked a guy walked into the room with Asuna all tied up and she stared at me.

     "Asuna!" 

I tried running towards her, but my uncles buddy grabbed my arms. "Let her go! We had a promise." I yelled and he grinned.

     "Murderers don't keep promises Kazuto. You of all people should know that."

Why did I trust him? I should've looked at his eyes...damn it.

     "The reason we killed her parents is because they didn't pay up the loan we let them borrow. They spent it all on the brat for trips, and since we keep all records of people we 'help' out, we decided to have a visit. We don't take borrowing lightly. We expect it back a certain time, and if you don't, it makes you look like a liar, and we hate liars."

Asuna's eyes were filled with shock and fear from the story that lead up to her parent's deaths.

     "We also hate witnesses. If you hadn't came home when we were there, you wouldn't have to be killed!" 

He smacked Asuna's face, making her cry out and fall to the floor.

     "Stop it!" I yelled and struggled to get free. "Asuna!"

She laid there on the ground still tied up, not moving. I know she isn't dead, she just doesn't want to move.

     "Why do you care for her Kazuto? I know you two were lovers but-"

     "I care because she is everything to me! She is family that I never had. I know some of her pain, and I love her so much. Please let her go!" I cried. "I don't want her to suffer anymore."

Everyone was quiet for a few seconds. 

     "Let me think about it...Hm no. Do whatever you want with her, and make sure Kazuto gets a good look." He grinned evilly.

     "No stop it! Hurt me not her."

The guy picked Asuna up and punched her in the stomach causing her to cry and cough up blood. 

B-Blood?

Asuna fell to the floor again, trying to hold her stomach and calling my name.

     "Stop!" I continued to scream until a black mass covered my eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Listening To: Bruised and Scarred ~ Mayday Parade