Chapter 27 The Lost Information

Kazuto's P.O.V

      "I'll be back in a few minutes." I told Asuna and smiled.

She had a worried look on her face, like she didn't want me to leave. I sighed as I hugged her, I would be worried if that happened to me.

      "You will be fine, just sit down and relax. If you feel uncomfortable, have them get me ok? I'll get as much information as I can get. Hopefully he will tell me."

I know I could've asked the police, but he was known to kill many people and he didn't work alone, so it was hard to pin point the person who killed them. But I believe he done it. The story about him was so similar to Asuna's. It just has to be him.

     "Ok..."

I let go of her and went to follow the officer. "I will be keeping an eye on you for safety, but he will be handcuffed also." The officer told me.

     "Alright." I said in a serious tone. 

The officer led me down the hall to the visiting area. My uncle never had visits, just because he was a murderer and no one wanted to deal with him.

I sat down at the round table and crossed my arms, as soon as my uncle walked in; Having a grin on his face, probably going to  say it's been awhile and he missed everyone. Which is a lie.

     "Kazuto-" He started to say.

      "Don't. I'm only here to ask questions."

      "What type of questions?"

He sat down in front of me.

     "About murders."

He didn't flinch, as I suspected and took a deep breath.

     "Kazuto, you know I can't do that since I'm in here." He told me.

     "I'm talking about six years ago. You killed two parents and left the daughter, saying you will come after her."

     "Look, that was a long time ago. How am I supposed to remember a certain cause? It's one of many."

He was right, but I knew he was hiding something. Murderers always hide things. I continued to look at my uncle, trying to to find lies hidden in his face. He showed no emotion as some people were to see, but I knew better. Check his eyes. His pupils were dilated and it's a well lit room.

     "You're lying." I told him. "Just tell me, why did kill the parents?"

     "Why do you care now? When you were younger you stayed away, what's with you?"

      "I'm the one asking questions, not you." I scowled. "Bring the pictures." I told and officer.

He set down the pictures of the crime scene in front of my uncle. He leaned forward and looked at them and then back. "Impressive..." He whispered very quietly and I cringed.

He was part of it...

     "I wasn't there." He sighed.

     "But-"

     "Listen Kazuto, just because we are kin, doesn't mean I have to tell you everything. I'm a killer and we don't tell secrets." He said in a low voice.

"Uncle you're already in prison and you're not getting out. Just tell me."

     "Who are you helping, is it that girl that was in there?" He glanced at the photo.

"Maybe, maybe not. It doesn't matter."

He beckoned me to get closer to him. "I'll tell you something, but they can't hear."

     "Why should I trust you?"

     "I've got eyes boy, you better watch yourself and that girl." He threatened.

     "She is being watched...I knew it. Why are you after her?"

"Find out yourself." 

He shrugged as an officer walked over.  "Times up."

I stood up quickly. "I still have questions." I told him.

     "Kid, he has a certain time to be out and that's not a lot."

I groaned and started to walk out.

     "Kazuto I'm watching you!" 

I glanced back at him and he smiled at me. There was an eerie feeling when he spoke, but now it was gone. How can it vanish in a few seconds?

     "Visit some time ok?" 

I walked out then, not wanting him to continue yelling towards me. He's not worth my time then. I wanted to hit myself; I never got information for Asuna. I hardly got any! My stupid uncle was keeping everything a secret. All I know is that we are being watched. I need Rika to stay with Asuna then, I can't leave her alone.

     "K-Kazuto?" Asuna stood up from the chair and looked at me, again with worried eyes. She needs to learn to conceal it.

I shook my head while I walked towards her. "Let's go." 

I took her hand and walked out of the building.

     "What's wrong?" She softly asked.

     "He didn't explain...anything." I growled.

      "Well that was expected. We can find other ways like you said." 

I nodded and headed towards a tree with shade. Other than meeting my uncle, we had nothing else to do today. 

We sat under the tree and Asuna tilted her head at me.

     "What is it?" I asked.

      "Your uneasy about something, I've never seen you like this. Did he say something to you?"

I patted her head and smiled.

     "Don't worry, I'll keep you safe."

She stared at me blankly, almost looking dumbfounded. If I told her we are being watched, she would have a panic attack. But since I know I can watch out for her and I can have her stay with Rika. This is for the best.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~'

Listening To: Another ~ Full Opening