Chapter 2 Bothersome Boy

After work I went home and took a shower. It was nice after a long day cooking and ordering. I got out and put on a long white shirt that went down to my knees and red shorts underneath. Most of the lights were off and I felt lonely. Why did they have to leave…? I crawled up on my bed and covered a blanket over me and started to cry silently. I didn’t like when it was night time. I hated sleeping. I hated dreaming. I always had nightmares about my parents. They had got killed in front of me when I was younger. I was only like 10. That was 6 years ago. From all those years I had to learn to be nice and happy. I always came home crying reminding me that I don’t have a family to come home to. I didn’t have little siblings to play with or older ones to tease me. I didn’t have a mom to help me to learn new things. I didn’t have a dad to warn me about boys and threatening them if they asked me out. I smiled thinking about it if it was real. I let the tears come freely. I tried to force myself to stay awake but it didn’t work. I fell asleep dreaming about my parents dying.

I woke up shaking from my dream. I held my head in my hands. Why do I have to see it again every single night? Stop. Stop. I clutched my hands in a fist to keep them from shaking. I got to get ready. I got up and put on my waitress dress and black stockings. I brushed my hair and put it up in a ponytail. I put on some makeup and put shoes on.

“All ready.” I said to myself. Please me a better day.

“Hi everyone…” I walked into the diner. They looked at me.

“Hey Asuna.  You did every well yesterday. Thank you.” Chef said.

“Y-You’re welcome.” I said.

“You want to cook today?” He asked.

“No, I will take orders.” I said and put my bag behind the counter. I heard the bell chime and people walk in.

“W-Welcome, please take a seat. I-I will get you your menus.” I watched as the customers sat down and I reached for the menus and looked up to see the guy from yesterday staring at me.

“U-Uh, what do you want?” I said and blushed. I stood up with the menus.

“I have a problem.” He said.

“W-Well I’m busy, y-you’ll have to wait.” I moved from behind the counter and walked to the table. “Here are your menus. Drinks?” I got out my notebook and pen.

“Please. I really need help.” He pleaded.

“I’m trying to take orders kid! Just take a chill pill alright!” I glared at him. The customers were shocked and stared at me. I turned back to them.

“Oh I’m sorry, can I get your drinks?” I asked kindly.

“Um, I think we will be leaving, I see you have having trouble.” They got up and left. I turned to the guy.

“What the hell man!” I growled. “See what you just did! We lost business. My boss is going to kill me!”

“I-I’m sorry. I really am.” He said. He looked scared.

“Right, so what do you want? Since there are no customers.” I crossed my arms.

“I failed at the sandwich.” He said.

“You what?! Really? It’s too simple. How can you fuck up?” I laughed.

“A-Asuna…I’m horrible at cooking and making things that’s why I come here.” He pouted.

“So what am I supposed to do?” I sighed.

“You can always make me another one? Or show me how you make it. I could probably make it then.” He said happily.