23

Hyunjin

As he grew closer to the cafe entrance, Hyunjin's nerves grew. He wasn't scared of the boy, he was scared of embarrassing himself. But, despite his doubts, he walked into the cafe, searching the seats for Jeongin. He spotted him sitting in a small booth near the corner, right against a window. He walked to the male hesitantly, not wanting to startle him from his phone.

"Hey Jeongin," Hyunjin said, gaining the youngest attention.

"Hyunjin!" the shorter exclaimed, motioning for Hyunjin to sit across from him. The older sat down, awkwardly looking at Jeongin.

"You wanna go up and order? I'm kinda hungry so I was thinking we could get some cakes?" The younger spoke after a minute of silence, sliding out of his seat and offering a hand to Hyunjin so they could order.

Hyunjin grabbed his hand and stood up, blushing when the shorter never let go. He wasn't used to skin-ship and he felt like all the eyes in the cafe were on the two. He looked at the menu behind the counter, ignore his thoughts the best he could.

"There's a lot of different cakes, I personally like the plain chocolate but do you wanna try something?" Jeongin turned towards the taller, their hands still intertwined.

"Chocolate's fine," Hyunjin softly spoke, smiling slightly at the younger who beamed at his answer. He walked up to the counter and order a hot chocolate and 2 chocolate cakes, ushering towards Hyunjin so he could order too.

"Uhh, I'll just have an iced vanilla latte,"

"Ok, your total will be $12.70,"

Hyunjin quickly took out the money before Jeongin could, handing it over before the younger could pay. Jeongin pouted when he saw what Hyunjin did.

"I was gonna pay," Jeongin whined, lightly hitting Hyunjin's arm. Hyunjin smiles and shrugged, grabbing his change and walking to the table, a sulky Jeongin following him.

"I couldn't let myself live if you paid, so I did, and you'll be ok," Hyunjin said, sitting down and playing with his hands that were placed in his lap. There was mostly silence before their order arrived.

"Here's your order, have a good day." Their food was placed in the middle of the table, along with their drinks.

"Oh, that cake looks good," Hyunjin said, watching as Jeongin's eyes lit up at the sight of the delicious dessert.

---------------------------
Sorry for the lack of updates this week, I kinda died but not really and yeah

Listen to Mixtape #3 pls and Pirate King (Ateez)

-author