She stood in the mirror looking at herself. The stress lines were evident in her face. "Calm down, breathe," she told herself, only for her to burst into tears.

"It's gonna be okay girl," she told herself.

She quickly collected herself and changed into her swimsuit. When she left in search for Maddison she saw her sitting on the stairs drinking from a bottle wearing shades.

"Girl what you doing with this bottle, you not a baby," Layla said laughing

"Girl what you doing with this bottle, you not a baby," Layla said laughing. "Dad stop giving her a bottle."

"Well she spills the juice all the time," James responded.

Layla rolled her eyes internally. "We'll sit her down and she wouldn't spill it."

"Yeah yeah."

Layla took Maddison out to the pool and they swam around for a while until the sun settled. James joined them shortly after preparing the food.

Once night falled, Layla cleaned Maddison up and put her to bed

Once night falled, Layla cleaned Maddison up and put her to bed. Layla went out on the porch to lounge with her dad. "You okay," he asked her as she leaned on his shoulder.

"Yeah," she said softly. "He's gonna come home."

James nodded along. "He is."

—————————————————

Rell stuck the knife right inside the guy's chest several times, killing him. He searched the body for keys, then took the man's phone.

He ran out of the abandoned warehouse after shifting through the keys to unlock the entrance. Rell's hands shook as he ducked behind a car that was parked a few blocks from where he was held captive.

He pulled out the phone he had taken and dialed Jace's number.

"Who the fuck is this," Jace answered.

"It's me," Rell said breathless. "Im at 3rd and 4th. Bring me some clothes and my IDs. Get the pilot here now," he dragged. The phone then dropped from his hand as he gripped his chest in pain passing out.