Chapter 33

I tired something a little different with this chapter. I added erotic gifs 🤷🏾‍♀️🤷🏾‍♀️. I hope y'all can see this chapter. And they better not delete my shit.
Excuse any mistake. Enjoy.

Chapter 33

Layla woke up and Rell was still asleep. She looked at the time and saw it was after 10 pm. She groaned as she tried to move her lower body but she was hella sore.

After ten minutes of just laying in bed, she wobbled to the shower to clean up. It made no sense to even go out tonight. Once she was done showering she went and put on some pajamas she had bought. The house was chilly, so she knew somebody had to turn down the temp.

Walking into the kitchen she saw her father sitting at the island typing on his computer. "Hey dad, how long you been here?"

"An hour. I thought y'all was going out so I came to watch the kids."

Layla nodded. "After all the shopping we were tired as hell."

James nodded. "Rob called. He was very happy to see you and meet Rell. He even told me just from observing y'all that the love was there."

Layla smiled. "I got a Patek."

James was surprised. "Where are you gonna wear it?"

Layla shrugged. "Rell convinced me he said he was getting one for his business meetings."

"Who knows maybe you might start attending them with him?"

"You think so?"

"I know so. Rell has opened up completely. He isn't the type to be making big moves without you by his side."

Layla nodded but stayed silent she hadn't thought about all of that.

"You ready to talk about your mother," he said out of the blue.

"I was trying to avoid that lowkey."

"I notice. C'mon let's sit outside."

Layla followed her father outside and they sat by the poolside.

"I met your mom, Renee, my freshman year of Cal U I was about 18 years old. Beautiful woman, smart and down to earth. We dated for about a year everything was good and I was thinking about having her met your grandmother. Now after my second year she came to me and told me she was pregnant. I was scared but I wasn't mad because I knew we were having unprotected sex at times."

Layla nodded as she followed along.

"She asked me what to do, I said let's keep the baby. I have a job, I had saved up a lot of money from my scholarships so I know we were at least set until the baby came. At the time I was working as in intern at an accounting firm. Couple days later she comes to me crying saying that she lost the baby, I was devastated but I consoled her. I was looking forward to having a kid. Then one day I'm at work and this man comes in talking about how I got his fifteen year old daughter pregnant."

Layla's head snapped. "What? Fifteen?"

James nodded. "Now when I met Renee for the first time it was at a freshman mixer on campus. A few weeks later I saw her at another campus party. We started to talk. She told me that she was freshman and she was undecided on her major."

"But did you see her on campus often?"

"Yes, that's why I had no idea she was underage. Apparently she used to hang around a lot of older girls that's why she was on campus all the time. She did tell me that she still lived with her parents because it was cheaper and they lived nearby. I was so young and dumb I never saw the signs."