Chapter 20

Excuse any mistakes. I'm to tired to proofread.
Don't forget to vote, comment and follow.

Chapter 20

Layla

10 months later...

Layla held her god son in her arms as her hair stylist finished her sew in

Layla held her god son in her arms as her hair stylist finished her sew in. Baby Bless started to become a bit cranky so she slowly rocked him in her arms to put him to sleep.

"Girl you good with kids," Jasmine, her stylist commented

Nadirah nodded along. "He hardly cries with her. It's crazy."

Layla smiled as she admired her godson. At times she felt a little sad and was reminded about her almost chance at motherhood. "This my baby."

"What time is it? We can't be late to your own graduation," Nadirah said standing up. She took Baby Bless out of Layla's grasp once she knew he was sleeping and placed him in his car seat.

"I can't believe I'm graduating," Layla smiled. "Like no bitch can't tell me shit."

Within an hour, Layla's hair was finished and they were heading back to her condo.

"Okay so go hop in the shower and get ready so we can leave," Nadirah instructed.

Layla rolled her eyes. "Yes mother."

Today was a big day for Layla. These past months had flown through so fast and she was kind of glad. She recovered fast from the accident and was right back on schedule with work and school.

She kept to herself and stayed in her books. Once Baby Bless had arrived eight months ago, she frequently babysat to give both Nadirah and Sed some free time.

Nadirah and Sed had a small wedding ceremony a few weeks before Baby Bless was born containing no more than 30 individuals. Layla was ecstatic to share such a moment with her best friend.

Layla stood in the mirror staring at her reflection. "I can't believe I did it. Oh my gosh."

Her father walked up next to her. "Why you so dramatic? We all knew you could do it. Let's go before you late."