Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Layla

Layla and Rell sat in his office just talking. After Rell broke to her the truth about Chanel the subject eventually changed and they got to know each other much better.

"So what was there to do on St. Thomas because it's seems all y'all did was get in trouble," he said laughing. 

Layla shrugged. "As much as I love St. Thomas and it's my home, it's lowkey boring. You either go to the beach or to a jam."

"A jam?"

Layla nodded. "Yea. It's like a party I guess except it's not always specifically for someone. So it kind of like a club but not really a club."

"What," he said confusingly.

Layla groaned. "Okay so we have clubs down there but they aren't popping like the ones up here."

Rell nodded. "So what makes a jam different."

"So we have local bands that play music to wuk up to. I hate saying that word."

"What? Work up?"

"No. It's wuk up."

"Work up?"

"Wuk up."

"Work up."

Layla laughed. "Okay. Nevermind. So jams are basically events. So you can have one right before school starts or to signify the beginning of summer. We have them all year round but for different reasons."

"So what type of music does it have?"

"People refer to it as soca but I don't see it as soca. This music's tempo is way different. So we don't whine to the music we wuk up."

"How do you wuk up?"

"I'm no pappy show," she said laughing.

"Well show me a video then."

Layla showed him different videos.

"So you go home for carnival," he asked her.

Layla nodded. "I try to. However I love carnival I just don't go Jouvert no more. I feel like I can't dance anymore."

Rell laughed. "So you don't know how to wuk up."

"I do but if you see the girls down there, I ain have shit on them."

Layla looked at the time. "We've been in here all day. It's almost 6."

"Wanna order some pizza?"

Layla nodded. She didn't want to leave him as yet. They were having so much fun talking.

"What you want on ya pizza?"

"Just pepperoni."

"You boring girl."

Layla smiled. "I really am. Don't forget the wings and some breadstick or something. I'm starving."

Layla was not afraid to eat. She loved food. Especially pizza and tacos.

"Anything else your majesty," Rell joked.

"Can we get tacos too?"

Rell nodded. "What kind?"

"Oh shit you got moneyyyyyy," she laughed. "Just beef hard shell tacos. With lettuce, tomatoes and extra extra cheese."

Rell places the order and turned his attention back to Layla.

"I thought you were broke or something because when you were paying for the shoes you turned away," she confessed.

"How am I broke if I was buying all them shoes?"