Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Rell

For the last two months, Rell and Layla had been going on dates almost twice a week

For the last two months, Rell and Layla had been going on dates almost twice a week. He had texted all his hoes and let them know they weren't needed. He then blocked them and deleted their contacts.

As of late, Rell's mother had been entering his dreams. As he wrestled throughout the night his mother's words of guidance and advice flourished his mind.

There was an internal battle Rell was keeping to himself. He longed to make things official with Layla. But, he didn't want to rush things,scaring Layla off nor did he want to waste any time.

As the internal battle continued inside Rell, Chanel's new boo, Romeo was facing one of his own—prostate cancer. Rell liked having Romeo around. They had already form a brotherly bond. What Rell greatly appreciated from Romeo was his ability to comfort Chanel in her time of need. Romeo and Chanel leaned on each other during their cancer battle to reminded themselves that they were not alone.

Chanel's condition continued to worsen, so the doctors assigned her to bed almost a month ago

Chanel's condition continued to worsen, so the doctors assigned her to bed almost a month ago. Romeo had been laying in bed with her all day after her intense chemo session. She hadn't been feeling good and she couldn't hold anything down. She began vomiting however when he saw blood, he immediately yelled for Rell.

Rell was half awake when he heard Romeo yell his name. He hurried to Chanel's suite to see what was happening.

Chanel was hunched over her bed spewing blood as Romeo held her hair. "She just started vomiting blood."

"I'll call 911 and her doctors. Try to clean her up."

Rell feared the worst. He didn't want to think negatively but deep down inside he wasn't ready to lose his best friend.

Within five minutes the ambulance had arrived. They transferred Chanel to a stretcher and wheeled her out. Both Rell and Romeo tried to hop in but they were stopped. "Only one person can ride along," the EMT said.

"Go ahead," Rell told Romeo. "I have to go get Maddison anyways. Just text me what hospital."

Rell hopped into his car and sped off. Maddison was with Kam's mother and Kali. They were once again having a girls day at a nearby park.