Chapter 49

Quick filler. Excuse any mistakes. Don't forget to vote follow share and comment. 🥰🥰🥰🥰

Chapter 49

A gurney sat outside the emergency entrance as Rell pulled up. Layla was immediately taken out of the car and wheeled inside.

"Yo watch how the fuck you hold her," he barked at one of the nurses.

"What happened Rell," Lauren, the head nurse asked.

"I don't know man," he said shaking his head. "She vomited and passed out. Then when the doc came she said her pressure was too high. Now she bleeding."

Lauren nodded. "You have to stay outside. I'll make sure that she's good. I'll try to update you when I can."

"Don't let her die. Or my baby Lauren. Please," he begged.

Lauren nodded and ran off. Soon the others came looking for Rell.

"What's happening to her," Nadirah cried. "I thought she was okay."

Sed hugged her as she got emotional. He whispered in her ear to calm her down.

Kam stood on the side with a worried look on her face. "Everything is gonna be okay," she kept whispering. "Right?"

Jace nodded. He knew he had to be the strong person and hold down the fort for Layla. Everyone was in emotional shambles at the moment. "Y'all know Layla. She too strong."

Rell stared blankly at the wall, trying not to break down mentally.

James and Summer entered the waiting room. "Where is she?"

Renee entered behind him. "Is she okay?"

"Why the fuck did you come here," James yelled at her. "I told you to leave. Look at what you did. She was fine without you she don't need you."

Renee dropped her head. "I'm sorry," she whispered.

"You're sorry," he asked back. "Geh your sorry motherskunt then. Fuck wrong with you."

Summer looked at both her parents and shook her head. "We don't know what's going on with Layla. Y'all need to calm down and communicate like adults until everything has passed."

She walked over to Rell. "Maddison is asleep at home and Miss Debbie volunteered to watch them,"she whispered to him. Rell looked up and nodded and said thank you.

The group was escorted to a private family waiting room where Lauren and the ER doctor came in almost two hours later.

"Family of Layla Thompson?"

Everyone stood immediately. "Layla is under a load of stress which has contributed to her preeclampsia. When she had the episode it may have been triggered by a wave of stress, that on top of the eating of fried foods made her vomit excessively. All together her placenta began to separate from the uterine wall."

"Since the abruption was mild, and she isn't close to term, we are going to monitor her for the next 48 hours. Then she may be able to go home, all depends on her recovery. Until her full term has arrived she will be placed on bed rest."

"Can we see her," Rell asked breaking the silence.

"Yes she awake and talking. Something about having to give up plantain."

Everyone laughed including Rell. "Leave it to her to think about food at this time."

James walked over to Rell. "You go see her first."

"You sure?"

James nodded.

"Follow me," Lauren spoke and he did.