Chapter 46

I've been working nonstop trying to make some money. I'm out from school for another three weeks or so. I've even been binge watching Charmed again as well.

Quick questions where are my readers from? I wanna know and tell me your age as well.

I'm from St. Thomas USVI and I'm making 21 on December 19. Which is Wednesday.

I hope y'all enjoy this Chapter. I just love me some Rell and Layla.
Don't forget to vote, comment, follow and share.
———————————————————
Chapter 46

Layla was awaken by the ringing of a phone. She groaned when she realized that Summer was still sleeping. They had fallen asleep in the movie room while catching up on some Star.

"Summer," Layla whined. "Your phone."

Summer was knocked out cold not even acknowledging Layla who tried to ignore the sound. After a few minutes the phone began ringing again and again.

Layla kicked her feet as she reached over for Summer's phone. Layla's heart stopped once she saw who was calling.

Momma 👩🏾‍🦱❤️ was etched across the screen. Layla stared at the contact photo. This was her mother, the lady who left her and never looked back.

The phone stopped ringing and started back again. Layla was conflicted. She had no idea how to feel about what was happening. Here lied a direct contact to the woman she wondered about her whole life. That had the answers to all her unasked questions.

She placed the phone down and left the room. Her heart rate didn't slow down a bit and she felt herself getting dizzy.

Her footsteps sped up as she searched for an exit. Despite being in her own home, her anxiety levels were through the roofs and her surrounding became blurred.

Tears burned at the rim of her eyes as all the emotions she held in about her deadbeat mother came to surface. Standing in the long hallway, the walls began enclosing on her.

Rell was leaving from his den when he saw her in the hall.

"Baby," he called out. He could see her hyperventilating. "Yooo baby calm down. What's wrong?"

Layla was hysterical and he couldn't understand anything she was saying. "Okay you need to breathe."

Rell held her face in his hands as he coached her. "Cmon baby. You gotta breathe."

Layla cried out as her breathing became normal again. "What if I'm a bad mother," she said.

"What," Rell asked confused. "You have to stop crying."

Once she caught herself, Rell helped her to regain her composure. "Summer's phone was ringing. I picked it up and it was her mother— my mother," she croaked. "What if I'm a bad mother?"

"That's impossible. You're an amazing mother to Maddison."

"But I will never be Chanel. Chanel is her mom. Was her mom, oh my gosh."

Rell was utterly confused. "Cmon," he said. He lifted her quickly and walked upstairs. "It's gonna be okay baby."

Rell took her to a room he had closed off due to construction. Layla looked around. "What is this?"

 "What is this?"