XXVI: Ḩ͘ÁL̕LO̧WE̸͟E͘N S̡̀P͡E̷C̡̕I̵A̕͟L̡̨͞

Afternoon,the day before Halloween.

Malo was taking a walk through the neighborhood on that breezy day. She wore a grey jacket and black,mesh leggings with the openings on the sides.

The tree branches above her blew in the wind. Some leaves fell down from the trees,visibly already adapting to the upcoming autumn.

As Malo passed by the houses to her left,she took some time to look over the decorated ones with both infatuation and curiosity. Of course not being familiar with Human ways,she didn't know of the holidays that were celebrated. So walking around and seeing these purposefully horror-decorated houses was a bit intriguing to her,as she gradually became more interested in them more and more.

After walking around the neighborhood for some time,looking for more houses like the last,she returned home to the apartment.

Malo unlocks the door with the spare key you gave her. She walks over to the kitchen where she sees you looking for food in the pantry. "H̴i (Y/N)". You turn your head to Malo,"Oh hey". She walks over to you and gives you a hug,and then goes over to the refrigerator. "H̡ey çoưl̴d ͘I͝ ask͘ ̛y̶ou̕ so̶m͟e̴th̷ing?",she says as she opens the refrigerators left door.

"What's up?",you reply.

"Şo when I wąs͠ out͝ ̧walḱing̀,I͘ ͝w̧ent͏ ́i̢nt́o ţhi̷s ͏o͏th̀er̢ ͜neighbo͜rhood͢ and c͟am͘e acr͝os͝s̡ some ͏ho̸us̀e͢s̡ that ̡had th̴es̸e ͠w̸eir̴d͏ ̶ḑec̕o͟rati̷o͘ņs". Malo reaches for a Yoohoo bottle on the left shelf of the refrigerator as she finishes,and pulls it out. "T͠here ẃér̶e̡ li̵ķe,bl̸ow-u͟p g̢ho̷s̴t̶s͞ a̶n͡d̴ s̡tuf̧f l̵ike t̀h̀at,l͘ítt͞l͝e ͜toy şp̕i͏d͠e̵r͡s͢ h̢ang͜ing ̵o̡n their͜ ́wìnd́ow..". Malo says as she begins shaking her bottle.

You pull out a bag of pop tarts from the pantry. "Oh they're just decorating for Halloween,you know what that is right?". You say,turning towards Malo.

She tilts her head with curiosity in her face. "N̛o",she says softly.

"Oh well,its a holiday we celebrate where we start decorating our place with stuff like pumpkins or fake spiders to make it look spooky,and then once the day comes,some people dress up and go out to do a thing called 'Trick or treating' where they go from house to house saying 'Trick or Treat',and then get candy from the people inside". Malo's ears perk up with a great interest as she listens to you describe Halloween.

"That s͝o͠un͢ds ͏s͡o̸ fun̨!.. When's ͏Hall͞ow̡e͘en th̕e̕n?". Malo asks with her hands clenched to her chest.

You slip out a poptart from its bag and take a bite of it. "Tomorrow".

Malo's eyes widen in surprise. "T͜omo͜r̷r̵ơẃ!?,wh͏y ̛d͞i͢d͠n't͜ ͟y͘où t͘e̶l͠l m͞e al͠r̛ead͟y?".

You were about to reply when Malo grabbed your arms and shook you. "I'̢m̧ ͢no͘t ̨g̛onna ͏be ab̕le t̀o͟ g̶et r̡e͞a͘d̡y ͢i͟n̷ that̷ ţime!,I̵ do͞n͝'t ͢e̸ven know w͡h͘a̡t ͝I'm ͝gonna͏ bé!". Malo says as she looks down in worry. She lets you go and runs toward and then up the stairs. "I͞'̸ll͠ ͏b̶e̴ r͏igh͢t̛ ͏b̸a͢c͜k̡!". You watch her as she does so,halfing a grin as you hear her bouncing off the steps.

Though your attention is caught as you hear the doorbell ring.

You set your poptart and its bag down on the counter and go to answer the door. You unlock it and open it,and immediately notice the short,blackish-grey Purifacati with light-blue eyes standing there. You jump a little,caught off guard by the fact she's a Purifacati. "Oh can you see me?",she says before laughing. You laugh a little too,scratching behind your head. "Hehe.. Yep". The Purifacati clenches her hands up to her chest,smiling with guilt. "I'm sorry,I didn't mean to startle you".