IX: Lil' Hot Thing

Alarm Jingle Plays

"Mm... What?". Its your work alarm,you forgot to turn it off last night. You pressed the dismiss button and rolled back into your sleep. You decided that you wouldn't be able to go back to sleep so you got up,and immediately caught a whiff of something. It smells like food... Breakfast? You got up to go downstairs. You could hear the steaming of something,and then a plate. Malo then walked into sight,looking at you and smiling,"Good ̸Mǫr͞n̷ing͢". She had a plate holding eggs,bacon,toast and sliced sausages,along with some orange juice. She placed it on the counter towards you,and stood back holding her hands. "For me?". Malo chuckled,"Of co̡ưrse,I͡ ͘th̡o͠ugh̢t ̢t͝hat i͏ ̸śhould̸ h̢ave ́d̀on̴e͞ some̡th̢ing͟ fo̢r ͜you ͏i͢n̴ ̵r͜et̛urn f͘or͏ t͡ak͟ín͜g me͏ o̕ut ye͘şt͠er̴d̡ay"."Oh.. Thanks..", Malo chuckled again,"Y̶ou͠r ̕węlćom̨e". You sat down and starting eating. Bite after bite. It tasted great,"This is really good!". Malo smiled as she washed the dishes,"T͘ha͟n͠ks,o̸v̀er ̷t͝im̵e ͢Į'͠v́e ͘le̢a͘r͝ńe͘d̸ what you̡ ļi̷ke ̛i̷n̴ ͝y͡o̴u̸r̵ bre̢ak̴f̀as̵t". You smiled. Ever since Malo met has actually met you,she started to take a liking in you. Over the span of a few weeks she started to really have a bit of a spark for you. Maybe going somewhere like the movies sounded like a good idea to get closer to you,or what ever made you happy. Malo sat down with you with a cup of orange juice,"A͏nythi̧n͝g̀ ͡yo͠u w̢ann̶a̛ do tod͏aý?". You didn't really have any plans for today,"Not really,you got anything in mind?". Malo took a sip from her cup,"W͜e̕l̀l..͜ ̶ I ̵th̵o̸ught we̕ c̡o-". The doorbell rang. "I'll get it". Malo's ears went flat. You opened the door,it was your friend,Katrina. "Hi (Y/N).. So about my..".

You both walked back to the kitchen with a pet carrier. Malo's head was resting on her arms. She saw the carrier and got curious."So she's already got her stuff in this bag,and her bowl in there too so you should be fine". Malo was wondering what was in the weird box,she saw holes so she thought something must be inside. Katrina thanked and hugged you,then left. "W̡hat ̀wa͞s͞ ̀t͝h̕at̨ ̵a̕bo̶ut̢?"."You weren't listening?"."N͘o ̴not r̢e̡al̛l͢y,I̧ ̢w͏a̢s ḑa̛yd͘re̛a͡ming". You went to go open the hatch to the carrier. "I just gotta take care of my friends kit-A͢ K͜IT̸TY̵?!". Malo said as you popped the hatch open and a small white kitten came out. "O͞H ̢M̵Y̛ ̷GOD͠ ͝S̶HE'S ̨SO̸ ̸CU͘TE!!", she said as she got out of her chair to catch the feline. The kitten was startled as Malo picked her up and hugged her. "O̢h ͞m͠y g̕o̴d͜ ̨my god̀ ̛m̛y g͞o͠d ̡yóur so͞ ću͞t̷e..̴.!". You got back up with its bowls. Malo turned to you,"W̷h̷a͟t͟s her ͜na͏m̶e?"."Alice". Malo held Alice in the air,"A̴li̵ce?̧ Th̡at'̧s suc͏h ͡a cųte̕ na͜m͞e̴!". She kissed Alice and then walked towards the couch,"C̡o͡m͠e o͝n͠ ̢Alic̵e,I͜'ll ̢g͠et ̸yo̶ư s̢o̡m̸e̶ ͠fo̶od". You didn't even know if it was hungry yet,but you were happy that Malo liked her.

Malo just watched Alice as she ate like she was watching someone dance. You were watching TV. "Oh ̴cute͜ ̛b͠ab̡y..̶ ̀C͞o͞me͞ ͏o͠v̡er ̵h͟er͜e!". Malo kept rubbing her fingers and asking Alice to come to her,but Alice just walked away. "N͡ò ́n̴o̡t t̛h̡a͘t͞ way!". You just watched as Malo went after Alice,getting on the floor and trying to play with her. You chuckled,"You really like her"."We͏ll ̸yea! S̀he's s͜uch̵ a ĺit̴t̨le̢ c͞utie!,lòo͡k a͜t́ h͡e̵r littl̨e͞ ̴p͞áw̷s! I..". Malo has completely forgotten about trying to go out with you. Her whole mind has been brainwashed by the snow white kitten,and its all pretty funny to you.

Its been about an hour already. Alice is sleeping on Malo's lap as Malo strokes her back. She remembered about asking you about the theaters thing. She started getting pessimistic. "Wha̧t ͏i͏f̀ hè ͢says͠ no.̀. ͜T͘ha͏t̢ w̕o̶uld ͜jus̴t be ͠aw͝kw̸ard͡..̡ What̡ if h͠e̵ ̧j͏us̶t w̴ant͠s tơ b̷e fŕi͜e͏ndş..". You were in the bathroom at the time,so Malo talking to herself is justified. She sighed,"W̨ha͠t d̵o you ͝t͘hi̶nk̵ kitt͞y?". Alice looked at Malo,yawned,and laid on its side,closer to Malo's belly. "I͘ ̀gu̸ess͢ y̴o̢úr rig͝h͘t͏..͘ I sho͘ul̴d̨n̵'t ̀be ͏w͢orr͢ying t̸oo͘ mu͡c̕h". She relaxed,and continued stroking Alice. But then stopped,and looked at Alice confused. "Wait͢.͞.͡ H͝ow ̧c͡an ͡you ̕se̕e͜ me͟?,Ì hàv͏e̵n'̡t͘ ̧e̵vèn͝ enab͢le̢d ͏my̵ h͏u̡man̕ form̵". Alice rolled on her back,looking at Malo. "Oh ̷y̢ea.̧.. You'rȩ ą ͢ca͏t so̧ y̷ou͞ c͘an ̛s̸ee ͜g̴host͢s͜ aņd́ s̛t̶u͘f͠f͟..". Alice tilted her head sideways. Malo layed back and smiled,"Cyb̵er͡s̵pa̴cè ͘po̵w̢eŕs are̛ c̷oo̢l͞". You flushed the toilet,washed your hands and went back to the living room. You turned the TV on and layed down.

Malo got nervous. "Just ͢t͠e̸l̶l ̵h́i̸m.. ͜Ļo͞òk̴ ̡a̡ţ ho͏w hot ỳo͠ù ͢are!͜ He prob̵a͞b͏ly ͡wo͞ul͟d ̴k͞il͜l ̵to ͠j͞ust͘ ͝kişś y̛ou̷!.... n̴o..̀. T͠hat̶'͏s͞ no͜t ̡h̢ow͡ I̧ ąm.. I̶'͟ve͏ ̴kn̕o̸w̢n ̷h̀im f̷o͟r͟ a̴ w̴hi̸l̕e̕ and̢ ͠i ͏can͡ te̷ll ̨h̡e̸ ̴l̶i͘ķe͟s m̢e so..". She gulped. You got tired of watching TV,so you went to turn it off. Malo tapped her fingers together,then held her hands to her lap and smiled. "Um..̀ ͢S̶ó.. (Y/N)". You got the remote and then looked up at Malo. "I̶ t́hou̷ght́ that͟ ̀o͠ne ̡of̕ ͏thèśe̵ d͘ays w͜e coųld g̀o͏ ̷to̸ ̀th͘e͞ ̸m͏ov͝ies͏.. Ju̴s͢t y̡ou ̶an̛d me?". You move your finger to the power button while still facing Malo,"Yea sure,next day before I'm off?". Malo tilted her head a little,"Y͘ea͢! Tha̛t̨'s̕ ͜a̸l̨r͝i͝gh͢t̀". You turned the TV off,"Sounds good". You got up,"Im going upstairs,so here's the remote if you decide to watch TV"."Òk͝", Malo says still nervously smiling. You walked by her and upstairs,Malo smiling all the way until you get into your room. She let out her pumped up breath,and put her hand on her chest where her heart is. She smiled in relief,"H̶e͜ sai̡d yes͜..". Alice jumped up on Malo,licking the side of her snout. Malo giggled,and layed down with Alice on top of her,petting her.