XIX

Malo and you lay on the couch together watching TV.

Malo lays beside your torso,arms around you. You have your arm around her. Malo sits up to get off the couch. "I̵'m go̡nn̛a̢ go ̢m̡ak̕e bre̵ak͢fas̀t,do͏ ̡y͜ou wa̸nt̴ s͝o͘me͞?". You decline her offer,so she goes to make herself some breakfast. The doorbell rings,you get up to go answer the door. You open the door but to your surprise,no ones there. But there's a box on the ground with 2 stamps on it,along with a letter tied next to the stamps. You pick up the box to inspect the stamps and the letters details. The stamps are fresh so its easy to make out.

 The stamps are fresh so its easy to make out

Your heart skipped a beat

Your heart skipped a beat. You looked around outside to check if there were any parked cars or people. Nothing.

You bring the package inside and walk upstairs. Malo didn't spot you,so you rushed up to your room. You lay the box on the bed and then take the letter from it. It says it was sent by "The SCP Foundation". You open it up and take a folded piece of paper out of it. You open the paper and read it.

To (Y/FULL NAME)

It has come to our attention that you are harboring a creature that is known to our program as SCP-1471. The creature is a very interesting one and has many capabilities that matches our goal with its kind of SCP. We would like to study SCP-1471-A in its state with SCP-1471-B due to its interesting nature,and you have been chosen out of many to partake in this study. Please view the tape left on the box sent to you.

The tape must be in the box,so you open it up and take the tape out of the many packaging peanuts. You looked at it for a second,and then took a deep breath. You place the tape on the bed.

"S͟o̕.. I ͝dont ha͘v́ȩ ͜to̕ ͢le͢a̕v͜e yo͜u̧ do̶ I?". You sit on the bed,Malo stands,worried. "No,all that was written was that we would be.. 'Studied'". The atmosphere in the room felt damp. You grabbed the tape. "I thought you should know about it so we are on the same level,they also gave us a tape to watch". Malo still stood in front of you with unease. You put your arms out towards her,she walks towards you and hugs you. You rub her back. "We're alright,I'm sure".

You insert the tape,and then sit back down with Malo at the front of the bed. It registers on the TV. A stamp by the U.S. Government shows up,of course stating everything they have to do with the tape. Then a logo shows up. It shows the SCP Foundations logo,and motto below.

SECURE. CONTAIN. PROTECT.

Then,A male voice can be heard briefly explaining what the SCP Foundation is.

"The SCP Foundation is a govermental program dedicated to discovering,researching,and studying mysterious creatures and structures unknown or barley known to the public,some with interesting aspects or abilities that are safe or dangerous to the public,or mysterious in characteristics".

The voice soon cuts out,then returning 3 seconds later.

"If you are watching this film,that means you have come in contact with one of these entities,and keep a friendly relationship to where you and the entity are able to be studied in a friendly environment. Please wait".

The voice cuts off for about 5 seconds until another clip is shown.

It shows a phone on a white surface,accompanied by a female voice as the camera zooms into the phone.

"SCP-1471 Is an app by the name of '(N)ver2.0.0',and once downloaded.. Generates a creature given the name 'Purifacati',that follows the user until visibility".

The apps details are shown. The camera then stops,and then zooms out of the phone.

"But of course you know that by now if you're watching this".

The camera flips up to show a a black Purifacati with white pupils and in a black jacket sitting on a stool in a house. She tilts her head and smiles.

"Hi,my name is Ima,and I'm going to be guiding you through what's going to happen with your current situation".

Ima turns her head back up,smile now going away with her ears perking up.

"Now dont worry,you won't be separated from your other. You and her or him will be studied in your current environment as a long-term study just to see how relatable Purifacatis are to humans".

Her smile then comes back in a guilty form.

"Yea I know.. Sounds creepy. But Purifacatis so far show a great relationship with humans. All the foundations wants to do now with us is find out how we act with humans and see if we are a good match for each other so we could just maybe.. Live with each other normally".

Her smile then turns back to normal.

"So what will happen is the two of you will be sent to a hotel,and we will come in and place cameras in certain places in your house. Now the cameras wont really be that visible so it won't be too awkward.. But of course it still would be since your being watched. But trust me,as long as you get the image out of your head,all we want you to do is just go on with your life as usual,like we never were a thing!. We are trying to make you as comfortable as possible so please,for the sake of humans and Purifacatis,just go on with your life as usual and we will be on our way when we have what we need!".

Ima says her goodbyes,and the tape finishes. Relief hits the both of you. Malo hugs you from the side,smiling. "We̡'̧re ̛not͜ ̀beìng t̕a͝k͟en away f͡r͡o̡m̵ ̴e͢a͏cho̡t̷hèr̛~..". You smile as well,and hug her back. "That really isn't that bad.. But what she said about Purifacatis and humans..". Malo sits back up. "We'll actually normally live together? That sounds great but.. I wonder how it would work out". Malo places her hands in her lap. "W͘e̶ll.. Įf͜ yoų l͜ik̴e me,an͡ḑ ̀o̡ţhe̢r p͏èop͝le̴ d̢o.. then͢ it͡ would͡ ̴p͠r̀oba͝bly̛ ̵w̴o̡rk͏,But ̀we̕ll.. ̡I ̧gues̢s ̡wḩa̴t̡ ̡e͞veŕ ́h̶a̛p͏pe͢n͡s". You turn your head away,thinking about the possibility. Malo smiles,then kisses you on the cheek. She gets up off the bed,and then walks out of the room,closing the door behind her. You get up to take the tape out. It ejects,you take it out and look at it for a moment. You pack everything up and take it to a storage closet. You put everything in,close the closet door,and then walk away.

Sorry for the super late and short chapter. I've been busy trying to make chapters for Peacemaker so I haven't had time for this story. Once I get done with season 1,its back to this story! Until of course I get back on peacekeeper