Chapter Twenty-Seven

"We train our sons to be soldiers and our daughters to be leaders."

Track 27; My Blood by Twenty One Pilots

————— ☾ ❆ ☽ —————

Marco switched back into his human form when he was thrown past you and the girls by Doflamingos arm. The palms of his hands squealed against the marble floor as he found traction to stop himself. He was panting heavily, his body shuddering in the urge to shift back to his wolf. He held it back to shout something at his mate, catching you completely off-guard.

"Do it now, Kinsey!"

Before you could question what he was saying, he shuddered back into his wolf and rejoined the fight. The bluenette he spoke of placed her hand on your shoulder. You barely noticed Jaxon disappear from his spot in the fight, standing on the other side of you and copying his twins' actions. You had no chance to voice your concerns when they began chanting an incantation in perfect harmony.

Time seemed to freeze in place. Marco was mid jump at Doflamingo, his mouth open in a snarl. Law was dodging a blow from the Lich, his crew surrounding him as they fought. Kid and Killer were teaming up on one side of him, Heat and Wire placed in almost the same spot except on the other side of Doflamingo. You noticed Ace clinging to the back of the Lich, his brown wolf tearing away large chunks of flesh while Luffy was inches away from hitting the marble due to just being hit by Doflamingo. It was obvious the Lich King was overwhelmed by the amount of lycans surrounding and attacking him all at once, the grimace on his face wide and threatening while he was frozen. He had one arm reaching over his back to grab at Ace and throw him away while his other was focused on Law.

Your life began flashing before your eyes, every memory in your brain fighting for the forefront of your focus.

————— ☾ ❆ ☽ —————

The white walls that surrounded you were unfamiliar for a second before you recognized where you were; the Whitecap hospital. You stood in the empty hallway, drawn to a room by the sound of a baby crying. You stopped in the doorway, unable to take your eyes off of the couple in the room. A woman that looked almost identical to you except for the color of your eyes was sitting in the hospital bed, holding a pink bundle in her arms.

A man that didn't ring any bells in your head sat in a chair beside her, a hand on the woman's shoulder while his other hand reached for the pink bundle. Tears of happiness were streaming down both of their faces. Little did you know that they had tried for years to have a baby: you. Your mother struggled with infertility issues, so to finally have you in her arms was the blessing of her life that she sought for.

"She looks like a (Y/N), doesn't she?" Your father questioned your mother, lovingly tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

She lifted her gaze to his with a wide smile, holding you close to her chest before pulling her husband in for a kiss. "She does."

He looked back at his baby, his eyes letting more tears fall when your tiny hand wrapped around his finger with a coo.

"Our (Y/N)."

You wished you could have seen the moments afterwards but you were unfortunate enough to be transported into the kitchen of your home, staring out the window above the sink at the old swing set in the backyard. The world outside the house was frozen as snow fell from the clouds hiding the sky. A few stars peeked through here and there, concealing themselves behind the grey clouds for a second or two before returning to your vision. It was almost like they were holding a secret they weren't supposed to share, making your curiosity peak.