二十一

Jungkook woke up in his favourite way; with Jimin snuggled into him. He tended to wake up earlier out of the two, and he enjoyed gazing at his sleeping boyfriend for a while. The rosy cheeks, soft eyelashes and messy hair were a great way to start his day.

Eventually, he began his usual routine of kissing Jimin's cheeks until he woke up giggling. He squinted at Jungkook until his eyes had adjusted to the morning light.

After a while, they got up and stumbled through the house to start the day. Jimin stopped and smiled when he saw Namjoon and Jin sleeping, still in their position on the floor with Jin on the other's lap.

"They're so cute..."
"They are. But you're cuter!" Jimin grinned as he watched the younger walk away with a little smirk on his face.

They couldn't spend the morning getting ready slowly as they liked to because Jungkook had to go to work. Jimin curled up on the sofa with his coffee as the other rushed around preparing for the day. The other two boys woke up soon enough, and Namjoon left to work on his music after kissing Seokjin and thanking Jimin and Jungkook for letting him stay.

At 8:30, Jungkook was ready. He stood in front of Jin and Jimin as he said goodbye.
"Okay... Jimin, please take care. Call me if you need me and I'll be here straight away. Maybe I should stay, it's-" Jin shook his head.
"I'm gonna stay with him, don't stress."

Kook nodded and grabbed his bag.
"Bye then," Jimin smiled.
"Chill. We'll be fine. I love you~"

Jungkook seemed to relax finally as he grinned and left the apartment.

He got to work twenty minutes later. It was a fairly short bus ride to the cafe he worked at, and it gave him time to think and listen to his music.

His job was a barista. It wasn't his dream job but it brought money in and it wasn't too hard or draining. Today was different though, because all he could think about as he wiped down tables and served coffees was Jimin. He was seriously worried about the Seulgi situation and he had seemed pretty upset after the kiss with Namjoon last night. He sighed and gave a fake smile to a customer who had just walked in.

"Hi, how can I help you?"
"I'll have a vanilla latte please!"

Jungkook didn't catch the order; he was busy staring at someone who was sat at a table behind them. Seulgi looked like she had just arrived. She still had a scarf on and was flicking her gaze over the menu.

He made the drink at a record speed, thrust it into the surprised customer's hands and stormed over to Seulgi.

"What the fuck?!" He hissed, leaning over the table. Seulgi snapped her head up and shot Jungkook a sickly sweet smile.
"Hey there!" Jungkook scowled.
"Stay away. From me, from Jimin. Just go home." Seulgi chuckled and set her menu aside as she looked Jungkook straight in the eyes.
"Oh, little one. What if that's not what Jimin wants?" And when Jungkook frowned in confusion, "he might well feel differently to how he acts around you." With that, she got up and stalked out, having not bought anything.

He watched her leave and felt angry tears well in his eyes. Why wouldn't she leave them alone?

Back at Jungkook's apartment, Jimin and Jin were dressed, albeit in sweatpants, and were sat on the sofa.

"I'm so worried about things with Kookie..." Jin sighed in sympathy.
"I know Chim. What are you worried about?" Jimin squeezed the cushion that he was hugging a little tighter.
"I mean... the whole thing with Seulgi. He's super stressed and I'm just worried because of how serious we were,"

Jin nodded but said nothing, sensing that Jimin was leaving something unsaid.

"And the game last night. What if he likes Joon now?" He sighed and pushed his hair back as Jin patted his shoulder.

"I know Seulgi is horrible but I'm sure Jungkook can see that you hate her too. And as for my Joonie..." he raised his eyebrows.
"One, he's mine. Two, Jungkook is obsessed with you. There's no way he'd want anyone else," Jimin smiled gratefully. His hyung was always there for him and he couldn't figure much out without him.

They chatted for a few hours until they got hungry. Upon searching the fridge, Jimin came to the conclusion that they had absolutely no food.

They decided to head to Namjoon's house. Jimin agreed even though this was obviously because Jin was missing his boyfriend. He was hungry and he loved to watch Joon work.

Jin had a key to Namjoon's house even though he didn't officially live there. He lead the way to the kitchen and they grabbed some random food from the cupboards. Jimin smiled to himself. Namjoon had done really well in his career, and you could tell from this kitchen. It was all modern and sleek, stuffed with snacks and various appliances. Jimin was so proud of his friend.

Namjoon was in his studio editing a few clips that he was sampling onto a track of his. He grinned as he saw Seokjin and pulled him into a big hug.
"Babe! I'm so glad you're here, I was bored as fuck," he grinned again at Jimin.
"Hey Chim!" Jimin just smiled as his mouth was full of sandwich.

Joon talked to them for a little but had to return to work.
"I want to release this album by the new year, so I need to work flat out."

He played them a few snippets of songs, and they all sounded amazing as usual. His amazingly serene vocals combined with his expert rap skills made for a deadly mix that would be on the radio constantly.

"Wow! You're so talented, Joon," Namjoon grinned at Jimin.
"Thanks. Maybe you should feature on one of my tracks soon, your singing is incredible," Jimin blushed and shook his head.

Jin was about to say something but was interrupted by the buzzing of Jimin's phone.
"Sorry..." he pulled it out and frowned at the screen.

Kook: I'm coming home early, something happened
Jiminie: okay, I'll head back from Namjoon's now. Hope you're okay~

He stood up and turned to his friends.
"I gotta go." They offered to escort him home in case he ran into trouble, but he refused. It was only a short walk home.

Jungkook was already there when Jimin arrived, looking stressed as he paced the kitchen. He looked up when he heard the click of the door opening.
"Jimin! Hey, babe," he scooped him up into a hug, Jimin's feet leaving the ground a little.
"Hey Kookie. What happened? You look really upset,"
"It's nothing, just... they don't need me there right now."

Jimin frowned but accepted this. Jungkook set him down and pulled him to the bedroom.
"Come search for an apartment with me, I can't wait to live together," Jimin giggled in response and flopped down onto the mattress.

After hours of searching, they found a place that seemed perfect. It was only slightly bigger than their current homes, and the rent was affordable considering both their wages.

"I like this one..." Jungkook scrolled down the page a little to find the contact details of the person who owned the apartment.
"Should we ask to go see it?" He turned to Jimin with a smile.
"I think so."

The woman emailed them back within a few hours, and they arranged to view the flat tomorrow morning. Both boys were happy and excited at the prospect of living together, but Jungkook still seemed anxious and Jimin could tell.

"Are you sure nothing's wrong?" Jungkook nodded and kissed Jimin swiftly.
"Absolutely nothing."

He wasn't very convincing in his words and Jimin became even more worried, but left it for the rest of the day so he didn't upset the other.