The boys sat on the sofa after their little moment, huddled around Jimin's phone. They were trying to figure out a way for Jimin to break up with Tae that would cause him the least upset possible.

So far, many messages had been composed and deleted and not one sent.

"Just tell him the truth, Chim."
"Tell him that I like someone else?! He'd never recover!" Jungkook sighed.
"True. Leave out that part then."

Jimin dropped his phone onto his lap and leant back on the sofa, running a hand through his messy hair.
"I really don't want to make him sad. He's my best friend." Jungkook rubbed his shoulder reassuringly.
"I know. But it would hurt him more to know that you've been keeping this from him."

Jimin squeezed his eyes shut for a moment to stop himself from crying.
"Why is it all so hard?" The other shrugged and gave him a sympathetic look.
"I don't know. But we need to send the message. I'll help you write it,"

He took the phone from Jimin's lap and went to Taehyung's contact. His teeth ground as he saw the name in his phone: my Taehyungie 💞. He shook his head and began to type.

Jiminie: Tae, I'm really sorry but I think we should break up. I feel more for you as a friend.

He held it out to show Jimin, who snatched it back and hurriedly backspaced.
"No way!"

They sat in silence for a little as Jimin thought it over.
"I should tell him in person." His voice was quiet and subdued, and his hands were shaking a little.
"That sounds good," Jungkook rubbed his back in a circular motion to calm the shorter down as he typed.

Jiminie: We need to talk...

But this got deleted too.
"I'm so fucking nervous, Kookie." Just then, Tae sent Jimin a message.

TaeTae: everything okay? You've been typing for ages lol

Jimin gasped in shock and nearly dropped his phone.
"You need to do it now," Jimin nodded and slowly typed yet another text.

Jiminie: we need to talk, come over?
TaeTae: sure ;)
Jiminie: no it's serious.

And then he shut his phone off and rested his head in his hands.

The boys sat in silence for the ten minutes until Taehyung arrived. Jungkook had seen him out of the window that overlooked the street and warned Jimin.

"Minnie? He's outside..." Jimin raised his head and sighed deeply.
"Thanks. Hey, you should probably hide in another room, I want it to be as easy as possible." The other nodded silently and headed into the spare bedroom down the corridoor, closing the door behind him just as Tae knocked on the door.

At the sound of the three short raps on the door, Jimin groaned softly. He was dreading this but it needed to be done so that he and Jungkook could be happy together.

"Hey..." Jimin mumbled as he pulled the door open to see his boyfriend.

"Hi! Is everything okay? You look pretty upset," Jimin sighed and stepped out of his way.
"Just come in."

Jimin sat Taehyung down on the sofa once he was in the house, and paused before beginning to talk.

"So... you know that I love you, so much. But-" he sighed. "But it's more of a... brotherly love. Like, you're my best friend, you always have been. I don't really feel romantically for you,"

He trailed off as he saw the other's face. Tae's mouth was open slightly, his eyes filled with shocked tears. He pulled off his hat as he tried to stutter out a reply.

"I... w-why? How long have you... felt like this for?"
"Quite a while. A few weeks maybe,"

Tae had now stood up and was wringing his hands, looking devastated.

"Jimin... please no... we can make this work! We can!" He took Jimin's hands as he spoke.
"We can.... I'll make you love me!" He stared into Jimin's eyes, tears falling down his cheeks now.

"Taeh-"

Jimin was cut off by Tae grabbing his face and kissing him harshly. He pushed at his chest to try and get away, but Taehyung held him fast. Jimin was pushed backwards down the corridoor, and through a random door; Tae had his eyes closed to prevent more tears as he kissed Jimin. Jimin's were open however, and he felt panic wash over him as he saw that they were headed to the guest bedroom.

The last thing he wanted was for Taehyung and Jungkook to see eachother but it seemed like it was going to be inevitable.