Jungkook had sat by the canal for a while after Jimin left, hand on his cheek as he remembered Jimin kissing it.

He texted Namjoon after a while, bursting to share his excitement with someone.

Kookie: hyung!! Can we meet up?
Joonie: sure. I'll bring Jin too

He smiled as he made his way to Namjoon's house, a favourite hang out spot for the group because it was the biggest. Namjoon was pretty well off thanks to his successful music career, but he didn't have much spare time.

This was evident by the faint dark circles under his eyes when he opened the door to greet Jungkook.
"Hey Kookie,"
"Hi hyung! You look really tired..." Namjoon closed the door behind them and ushered the younger to sit down.
"I'm fine, just had a lot of work recently. And Tae isn't too happy."

Kook frowned.
"What's he been saying?"
"Basically," the tall boy sighed. "He's very angry. And really upset, like devastated." Jungkook groaned.
"I feel bad for hitting him," Namjoon nodded.
"Good, it was stupid."
"Yeah... I just got so caught up in it and Jimin was so upset and...."
"I get it. It's cute how much you want to protect him,"

They talked a little more about how Tae was doing until Jin arrived, bringing muffins with him.

"Kookie!" He set the muffins down on the coffee table but stayed standing, towering over the youngest.

"Okay. I love you and all but you hit Tae?!" Jungkook sighed.
"I know, I'm sorry. I got carried away,"
Jin shook his head.
"You better apologise to him. Anyway, have you eaten?"

Jungkook and Namjoon were forced to eat muffins even though they had both already eaten. Jin tried to send Namjoon to bed as well, but he didn't manage this.
"Babe, I'm fine. We'll sleep later, I promise." Jin rolled his eyes but smiled and gave Namjoon a quick kiss.

Satisfied with his friends' wellbeing, Jin sat down.
"So Kook," he folded his arms. "How are you going to apologise to young Tae?"

Jungkook looked at him with annoyance.
"He hit me back!"
"Yes but you both need to apologise and make up." Namjoon nodded.
"I don't want you guys to hate eachother forever,"

Eventually Jungkook had agreed to text Taehyung and arrange to meet up and talk. The boys chatted about Jungkook's day with Jimin while they waited for a response, and the older boys were very excited by it.

"He showed you his special place?! Awee..."
"You better be gentle with him. I can't have my Chim getting hurt," Jungkook agreed profusely with Jin.
"I never want him to be unhappy again. If... if we end up together..." he blushed at this, "I will be with him constantly to keep him safe and happy." The others smiled knowingly at eachother.

A while later, Jungkook's phone buzzed with a reply from Taehyung.

TaeTae: sure I'll meet you. Come to mine tomorrow.

He showed his friends the message, and they approved.
"Good. Make sure you stay calm, please." Namjoon really wanted to avoid more conflict, especially between his best friends.

Jungkook ended up going home earlier than he anticipated. The reason for this being Namjoon and Jin obviously wanting some alone time. Jin had moved to Namjoon's lap, with the taller's arms firmly around his waist. They were distracted from conversation by stolen glances and supposedly secret kisses. Jungkook was pretty much talling to himself; at least one of the pair was gazing at the other at all times. They hardly even noticed when Jungkook left, smiling at his loved-up friends.

Jungkook relived the whole day with Jimin in slow motion as he tried to fall asleep, too happy to settle down. He decided to leave Jimin a message before sleeping.

Kookie: thanks again for today. I can't stop thinking about it.