十六

The week went by and Taehyung was feeling better already. The iron tablets had made a huge difference and he was improving by the day.

Jimin and Jungkook were all packed for Busan, and had spent most of their time together recently. It was unusual for them not to end up sleeping at eachother's homes, eating together, and spending the day with eachother.

Currently, they were eating breakfast before catching the train. Jimin was getting nervous; what if Jungkook's parents hated him?

"Kookie... I'm scared,"
"Don't be worried, baby. They're going to love you."

Jimin sighed, not convinced. He put his bowl in the sink and headed back to the bedroom to pack a few last minute items. He didn't notice the tears falling down his face until Jungkook entered the room and frowned.

"Jiminie? Don't cry~" he wrapped him up in a hug and the pair rocked back and forth. Jimin couldn't stop the tears now, but he clung on to Jungkook like his life depended on it.

"What if they hate me? What if I mess up? What if I-"
"Shhh. It's going to be fine, okay?" Jungkook wiped his tears away with his thumbs and left his hands on Jimin's cheeks when he was done, gazing into his eyes with concern.

Jimin sighed and leant into Jungkook's touch.
"I know I'm being stupid but I just wanna do well, y'know? I want to make a good impression," Kook nodded and hugged him again.
"I know. But it's pretty much impossible to get a bad first impression of you, and my parents already love you from what they've heard."

Jimin's tears stopped flowing after a while, and he smiled up at the other.
"Sorry." Jungkook shook his head and kissed Jimin's nose.
"Are you ready to go?" Jimin opened his mouth but then shut it again, grinning.
"Nope. I need one more thing?"
"Huh? Whats that?"

Jimin put his hand gently on Jungkook's neck and kissed him deeply, smiling when they pulled away. Jungkook squeezed Jimin's hand and grinned.

They arrived at the train station only a few minutes before their train left, and both of them slept through the whole journey, heads on eachother's shoulders.

Jungkook strode up to his childhood home confidently. However, Jimin lagged behind, the sleeves of his sweater pulled over his hands. He ran to catch up with Jungkook when he knocked on the door, wanting to be there to greet his parents.

Jungkook smiled fondly at a nervous Jimin and took his hand, almost reminding him that everything was okay, they had eachother. Jimin breathed a sigh of relief at the contact and tried to calm himself down at least a little.

They could hear Jungkook's parents chattering excitedly as they neared the door. It swung open and two people came into view; a pretty woman, fairly short, and a man that looked remarkably similar to Jungkook. They were both smiling widely and their grins increased as they saw Jimin.

"Hello boys! So nice to see you!" Jungkook's dad brought his son into a hug, and then shook Jimin's hand. Jimin felt reassured just by their appearance. They seemed far too friendly and welcoming to ever hate him.

Jungkook's mother approached Jimin first.
"You must be Park Jimin! It's so amazing to finally meet you!"
"You too Mrs. Jeon, I've heard so many good things about you!"
"Come in, both of you. Coffee?"

Within an hour, any nerves that Jimin had left after meeting the parents had melted and he was completely comfortable and happy. The family and Jimin were sat around the kitchen table, catching up and finding out more about eachother. Jimin had Jungkook's dog on his lap. Yeontan was a tiny ball of fluff, super affectionate and excitable.

Jimin petted Yeontan constantly as he answered questions from the Jeons, hardly even stuttering or stopping to think about their reaction.

"So, you two," Mr. Jeon put his cup down after taking a sip. "How did you meet?"

Jungkook smiled.
"We met through Hoseok in college."
Jimin nodded and added, "we bonded because he had the newest PlayStation!"

Eventually, Jungkook's mother stood up.
"We're going to start dinner. Would you guys mind taking the dog out for me?"

Jimin amd Jungkook walked Yeontan through a little park in Busan that they were both familiar with.

"How're you feeling?" Jimin smiled up at him.
"Great! I love your parents," Jungkook grinned and wrapped an arm around the other to bring him closer.
"Good."

It was quite warm for an autumn evening. The sun was just beginning to set, turning the sky golden with only a few wisps of clouds. The trees lining the path that the boys walked on had leaves of orange and red, and there were only a few other people in the park; mostly couples or joggers.

All in all, it was Jimin's idea of a perfect day, and spending it with his boyfriend after meeting his amazing parents certainly didn't make it any worse.