Taehyung woke up the next day still stuck in his sadness until he remembered that Jungkook was coming over to talk. He smiled and got out of bed to clean himself up.

He didn't eat any breakfast, something that had become normal for him recently. He had noticed that Jimin wasn't as into the relationship as before, and he was overly paranoid about why it was. He sighed deeply as he looked in the mirror. Maybe he should change his hair - Jimin could just be bored. He pushed it back off his forehead and put on a little concealer to hide his imperfections.

Jungkook was filled with nerves as he made his way to Taehyung's. He didn't know what Tae was planning, but he hoped that it was peaceful. He almost turned around many times, but Namjoon had been texting him this morning to enforce that he went and sorted out the fight.

Taehyung took a while to answer when he rang the doorbell, but when he did he smiled and Jungkook.
"Hey." Jungkook nodded nervously at him and offered a wavering smile as he went past him into the kitchen.

"S-so..." he leant awkwardly against the counter. "I'm sorry about yesterday. I got wound up and carried away. I was only trying to protect Jimin but I absolutely shouldn't have punched you. I'm so sorry."

Taehyung nodded. His face looked as if he was confused or trying to decide what to do, which made Jungkook even more anxious.

"Kook.... you're one of my best friends. But you stole my Jiminie. I need a repayment for that,"

Jungkook took a deep breath. "And what would that be?"

Taehyung took a few steps closer to the other until they were only a few feet away.

"Help me. Help me get him back. Please." Jungkook frowned at this.
"Tae, I know you're upset but... he broke up with you. You need to respect that."

Anger flashed across his face.
"No. He will want me back..." he glared at Jungkook, "if I'm more like you. Help me change."

The other shook his head in disbelief.
"That's not-"
"It isn't a request." Tae had moved even closer and Jungkook could feel his breath on his face. "Help. Me."

Jungkook was a little scared now. He didn't want to upset his friend further but he couldn't help him in the way he was asking.

"Taehyung... I want to help you. I really do. But not like this." He studied Tae's face, which was incredibly sad, before continuing. "Let me help you get over him. We can hang out together, talk about it, whatever you need. We can make you happy again."

They stood in silence for longer than was comfortable until Taehyung moved away and sat at the table. Once his face turned back to Jungkook, he had tears falling from his eyes.
"Why am I not good enough? Why, Kookie?!"

Jungkook crossed the room and gave him a hug, rubbing his back gingerly.
"You're perfectly good enough Tae. You're just not meant to be together." He pulled away but kept a hold of his shoulders and looked him straight in the eyes.
"You are perfect in your own way, just like everyone else. Please let me be there for you," Tae's face crumpled as he began to lose control of his sobs.

"Jungkook.... I'm so upset... I loved him- I loved him so much!" Jungkook just rubbed his shoulder and nodded comfortingly.
"Can I be really honest with you?"
"Of course."
"I hate you. I hate you for stealing my baby. But honestly.... I feel like it's my fault. I've been feeling just... numb for so long and he could probably tell. I should've been better. I should've...."

Jungkook frowned at Tae's confession.
"Numb? Tae... it sounds like this is about more than just Jimin. It sounds like- like you're... ill,"

Taehyung buried his head in his hands.
"Maybe I am... I don't know. I just want it to stop."

Jungkook stayed with him until he stopped crying, hugging him for most of the time and saying comforting things. After half an hour, he had calmed down and Jungkook made them some tea. He forced Taehyung to eat some biscuits: "You look thinner," and called Yoongi.

"Yoongi's struggled with stuff like this before. He'll be able to give you better advice than me," Tae nodded.
"I'm so sorry. For hurting you and for making you put up with all this."

Jungkook shushed him and tried to feed him more random snacks until Yoongi arrived.

"Hey Taehyung. You don't look too great..." Yoongi set his bag down and gave Tae a hug.
"How're you feeling?"

Once he had explained, with Jungkook squeezing his shoulder whenever he got a little choked up, Yoongi sighed.
"Maybe you should go to the doctor." Tae shook his head.
"No! I might get better soon," Both the other boys frowned.
"Tae, you seem really unhappy...."
Yoongi nodded.
"You can wait a week or so if you really want, but you need to get it sorted out. We want you happy."

Later on, when Jungkook was leaving, he grabbed Tae's hand.
"Thank you for telling me all that and for letting me help you. It means a lot." Tae pulled him into a hug.
"Thank you. I'm sorry I was mean to you the other day. I love you really."
"Love you too, Taetae."

And Jungkook left after another hug, feeling a lot happier than before.