Chapter Thirty Five: Eric's Guilty Pleasure

Start from the beginning

Alan managed to get a hold of himself and calm the laughter. "I'm sorry, Eric." He apologized in between his short barking laughs. "I didn't mean to scream that loud. It just kind of came out." Alan regained his composure and pulled himself back up to his Cheerios. 

"What's wrong Alan?" I asked. I felt bad for snapping at him, but then again, I'm never nice when I'm woken up early.

"Grell and Ashlyn want me to go dress shopping with them for prom," he sighed. "Everyone has been treating me like a girl ever since the amusement park!" Alan paused his eating to pout.

I resisted the urge to giggle at his cute pout. "Uh, so?" I asked. I wanted Alan to get a little more irritated. It was working. I couldn't help it, he's just too cute when he's mad. 

"You idiot!" Alan yelped as he hit me. "I'm a man!" 

"Fine," I said chuckling, "If you don't want to go-"

"I can't even if I wanted to," Alan said. "I'm babysitting." He seemed a little less irritated, now that he had gotten that tantrum out. I smiled, somedays Alan seemed more like a child than a teenager.  

"But you cant let the girls go alone," I said sneakily. 'Just think about it Eric,' I thought to myself, 'girls' dressing rooms.'

"I know," Alan sighed. "But I already said I'd babysit."

"I hate to go shopping," I muttered as sincerely as I could, "but they'll need an opinion on those dresses."  'Girls' dressing rooms. Girls' dressing rooms.' I cheered in my head as a smile snuck on my face.

"Pervert!" Alan yelled as he punched my arm. I gulped as I realized that I had been chanting about girls' dressing rooms out loud. Alan continued to hit me. His punches didn't hurt if it was only one, but he had mastered the art of repeating.

"I'm not a pervert! I swear!" I said as I shielded myself from further blows. "Grell and Ashlyn are like sisters to me!"

"Oh, I know you won't peek in on them," Alan said saucily. "It's the other girls shopping for dresses I'm worried about!" He hit me again. I sighed, realizing I would have to give up the girls' dressing room dream.

"I swear on my honor as a gentleman," I muttered half-heartedly, "that I will not be a peeping tom." I whimpered as my heart was torn in two.

"Drama queen," Alan laughed. Then he reluctantly gave me the time and place that I was meeting up with Grell and Ashlyn. 

Ronald's Point of View

I met up with a serious-faced Ashlyn outside my house. She was dressed in a black, strapless sundress with a purple belt, beanie hat, and purple shoes. I ran to greet her, and picked her up. Spinning her around, I laughed.

"Hey baby!" I said before setting Ashlyn down and leaving her an affectionate kiss on the cheek. A hint of a smile played crossed her beautiful face. She noticed me staring and put on a frown again. What was up with her today? I decided to lighten the mood. "Do you wanna go see a movie with me? They have Transformers-"

"You're failing classes again," Ashlyn said. I gulped and wondered how she had found out. "You know if you fail any more classes that you'll be stuck redoing eleventh grade!" 

"It's okay babe," I tried to console her, although the more I thought about it, redoing eleventh grade wouldn't be too bad if I got to be there with Ashlyn. "I've go this under control. Don't worry about a thing!" Ashlyn looked up at me and sighed heavily. Her shoulders drooped. 

"Why can't you trust me enough to tell me about your problems?" she asked in a whisper. "Let me help you."  Ashlyn looked up at me with her big, bright, beautiful purple eyes and gave me a pleading look.