Chapter Twenty Five: Movie Night

Please note that we are also still accepting questions for the Q&A chapter, so feel free to send those in to Nat and I!

William's Point of View

After a week of grounding my mother had finally decided to let me off of the hook. Though instead of hanging out with Ronnie, I had decided to remodel my room. I had changed my old comforter out for a new quilt that was much to large for my twin-sized bed. Compared to the comforter, the quilt was softer and warmer. I had moved my desk to sit beside my bed and pushed my bookshelf so that it rested next to the window. Exhausted from moving furniture, I plopped down on my bed and began to reminisce. I thought back to what mom said when she dismissed the grounding. 

She said something along the lines of, "Will, you've been taking this punishment much better than your father and I expected. Since you have been acting so mature about it, your father convinced me to take away the grounding. However, there are some catches. Your curfew is now eleven, no texting friends after midnight, no karaoke, no clubs, no going to parties until I deem them fit for a young boy. Not to mention that you're still grounded from; Facebook, Twitter and every other social media site." 

'Look on the bright side William,' I told myself, 'she gave you back your Pokemon and Call of Duty.' Knowing my mom, it probably took dad the entire week to convince her that I had learned my lesson. I loved my mother, but she was stubborn when it came to her decisions. According to dad, "It's mom's way, or the highway.' 

"Meoowww!" I jumped back in surprise and ended up falling off of my bed and cracking my head off of the desk. 

"Artemis!" I yelled at the black cat that had caused my pain, "I swear if you ever do that again, I will never ever sneak you tuna again! Understood?" I winced as I rubbed the back of my head. I was beginning to see that the stars that had been dancing in my vision were fading away. 

My cat hopped off of my bed and chose my chest as her landing pad. I grunted as she landed on me. Artemis may appear small, but she weighs a ton! (Of course though, that is my fault. I feed her constantly and often too much) She nimbly hopped off of my chest made her way to the wall outlet where my phone was charging. 

"Why do you want my cell phone?!" I asked Artemis. My cat was officially nuts. Then I noticed that it was vibrating. Artemis must have noticed and thought it was a play toy for her. I sighed and crawled over to pick it up and check my messages. 

I had a new text from Grell. "Isn't she on a date?" I murmured out loud. I hastily opened it and read the text out loud. "I've had a rough day and need a friend. Please come over, Will. I need you" 

I quickly began to think. She's had it rough, what will make her feel better? Then it hit me. I ran to dump various horror and Disney movies in my backpack. Then I ran to the kitchen and pulled out three bags of microwavable popcorn. Then I hustled to my mom. 

"Hey mom," I asked cautiously as I walked in the living room, "would it be okay if I spent the night at Ronnie's house?" Mom looked up and her eyes narrowed. 

"Will you behave? Will you be responsible? Will you stay at Ronnie's house? No sneaking out, no partying?" She drilled me with more than the usual questions. I weakly nodded to her. "I'm giving you another chance William, don't mess it up."

I gulped and thanked her before running back to my room to dump every Kit-Kat that I had hidden in my nightstand drawer into my pack. I quickly texted Ronnie the plan. 

-I'm going to Grell's house to cheer her up. Mom thinks I'm spending the night at your place. Do me a favor and cover for me.-

Then I headed off in the direction of Ronnie's house to throw mom off of my trail. After I was three-fourths the way to Ronald's place, I doubled back to get to Grell's house. After a grueling fifteen minutes of cutting through backyards and sneaking past ferocious family pets, I made it to Grell's house.