Chapter Twenty Four: School Lock-in

*Ronald's Point of View*

It was about mid January after school had resumed when North Reaper high decided to host its annual lock in, and I could barely contain myself. Lock-ins just screamed Knoxinator, and I, of course, have to tend to its cries. Although William was still grounded and Grell was busy on a date with Sebastian, it was still going to be one of the events of the year, especially with me being there. Alan and Eric would both be there, and so would the taco-master Ashlyn.

After school, I started to pack stuff into my duffel bag. I decided that I didn't want to bother with changing into my pajamas while I was there, so I threw them on while I was at home. I threw my phone charger and a pair of headphones into the bag, along with a large bag of Doritos, several packs of Pop Rocks, and two bottles of Kick Start that I had picked up at the local convenience store. Hey, I was gonna do whatever I had to do to stay awake tonight. 'Lock in' was code for 'all nighter', which roughly translates into 'the Knoxinator is going to get as hyper as physically possible and there is no possible way of stopping him from doing so'.

Or something like that, I still have kinks to work out.

I looked over at my dresser forlornly. My trusty Xbox sat on top of it, staring blankly back at me. I couldn't help but pity it. Then, I got the genius idea to bring it along. After minutes of fumbling with various cords and unplugging a lot of things that I probably didn't need to, I finally unhooked my game console and packed it in my bag. I added Call of Duty, Minecraft, and four controllers so that I wouldn't end up with a machine with no games to play. It was doubtful that there'd be anything to plug it into, but I didn't go anywhere unprepared, unprepared meaning without my Xbox.

It wasn't long after I was done stuffing junk food, energy drinks, and video games into my bag that I heard a loud honk. I looked out my window and saw Eric's pickup alongside my house. I pumped my fist in the air and grabbed my phone off of my dresser, silencing my Pandora radio. I bolted down the stairs and my mom stopped be at the door. She stood in front of the door with her hands on her hips, a smirk on her face. "And where do you think you're going, mister?"

I rolled my eyes and shook my head. "Mom," I groaned, "Eric's picking me up for the school's lock in. You know that's where I'm going, I've been anticipating it for weeks! Now would you please move so I can go with them? Please?"

Mom chuckled and shook her head. She side-stepped out of the way and opened the door, holding it out of the way for me. "You go have fun with your friends tonight, okay?"

"Okay," I nodded, running through the doorway and up to Eric's truck. I turned around and waved to my mother before jumping in the backseat. "Hey guys!" I shouted over the blaring rock music. Like usual, Eric had his radio set on the 90s alternative station.

"Hey!" Alan shouted back. He sat in the shotgun seat with his head turned around to face me. He looked me up and down, proceeding to laugh. "Already in your pajamas?"

"Well, duh," I laughed, "there's no such thing as a bad time to wear pajamas!"

Eric exploded into laughter in the front seat. "This lock in is about to get Knoxed up," he laughed as he started revving the car up, and soon we were on our way down the road to our school.

Not long after that, we arrived at the school. I picked my bag up from the seat next to me and slung the strap over my shoulder, carrying it with me. I was sure to keep a tight hold on it. It was containing some very previous cargo, after all. Eric and Alan hopped out from the front seats and went to the back of the pickup, pulling out their bags too. Once the three of us were ready, we walked inside the school.

Instantly, we were greeted by both teacher and parent chaperones, closing the door behind us, therefore closing us off from the outside world. We walked down the halls, the music, laughter, and conversation all growing louder as we approached the gym. We opened the two main doors that lead into the gym and I sauntered inside the low lit room. I searched around, trying to spot Ashlyn. Eventualy, I found the girl with white-blonde hair, and I had to prevent myself from running over to her and scooping her up in a bear hug. Instead, I kept my cool and snuck up behind her.