Chapter Thirty Four: Slingby To The Resuce

"Hey girlie," I heard a voice and jumped. I turned around to see the same guy who had run into me. "Aren't you in the wrong place?"

Ducking my head down, I hurried and dried my hands. I swore silently under my breath, I looked like a girl and I was stuck in the bathroom. It only felt natural for me to head into the men's room and I hadn't taken into account what people would think if they saw me in there dressed how I was. I thought I'd be quick enough that I wouldnt get caught, but that didn't seem to be the case. The guy walked up in my space and leaned his face into mine. "Hey, aren't you that girl with the milkshake that I ran into earlier?" I cringed, this was a bit too close for my taste. Up close, the boy kind of looked like Justin Bieber in the face, except for his nose, he had a smaller nose. 

I ignored him and tried to scoot around him. I laughed nervously, trying to step past him, which only earned me a glare, and instantly I knew I was in trouble. "Don't ignore me!" he growled. He grabbed me by my shoulders and slammed me up against the wall. "You caused me a lot of embarrassment out there, girl." Once again, I ignored him and tried to escape his grip. He leaned forward and I took note of his minty fresh breath as he talked. 

"Wow. You do not look like the peppermint toothpaste type," I observed aloud. I almost kicked myself for saying that out loud. 'Way to make conversation, Alan,' I thought sarcastically to myself.

Justin look-a-like choose to ignore my comment. He leaned in closer, forcing his forehead against mine. I furrowed my brows together, staring at the angry expression right in front of me. "You know what happens to people who embarrass me?" His hands gripped my arm harshly and he pulled me away from the wall to throw me to the ground. Justin wannabe sat on my chest and held down my arms. "I was going to let you off the hook before, but you just had to show up." 

"Eri-" I tried to call for Eric but the guy covered my mouth.

"Your little boyfriend can't hear you," he mocked, a nasty snarl on his face. "Nobody ca-"

Boy-who-looked-like Justin was cut off by a foot connecting with his gut. I gasped for air as he tumbled off of my chest and into the wall behind us. I stared at him for a moment, he was curled up and moaning in pain. I twisted around to see Eric standing protectively above me. "Alan! What on earth was that all about?!" Eric growled. He had a menacing look in his eye, which warned me to be careful about what I said to not make him any more furious.

"Eric! How did you-"

"You were taking forever," Eric said as he stuck out a hand to help me up. Sticking my hand out, our fingers locked together and he helped me stand back up. I noticed that the Justin Bieber look-a-like who had been sitting on me a moment ago had taken the opportunity to run out of the bathroom while he had the chance. "Stupid punk," Eric scoffed as he spun on his heel starting to chase after the boy. 

"Eric," I started, grabbing him by his wrist just about as he was going to leave the bathroom. He stopping in his tracks and sighed, turning around to face me with a slight scowl on his face. "Can we just go back to Ronnie and Ashlyn?" I asked him. 

He shook his head, ripping his hand from my grasp and starting after him again."Not until I beat up that little-"

"Eric!" I almost shouted. I let out a long breath, shaking my head and closing my eyes. "I'm fine. Let's just go. It's not like he did anything to me." Eric whipped around to grab my wrist, his eyes scanning up and down my arm as he free hand traced up and down my arm. I know just what he was doing, he was checking for bruises. I wasn't sure why he bothered to do it, I had told him that I was alright. 

"Are you sure you're fine?" he asked, his face showing concern. "You're not in pain?"

"Of course I'm fine!" I insisted with a little laugh, "Let's just go ride some more rides already! At the rate we're going, the park will be closed before we can squeeze in round four on the Scrambler!" I said as I began to drag him back to the park bench where we had left Ronnie and Ashlyn.