Chapter Twenty One: Minna Saiko Arigato!

It took about fifteen minutes for the rest of the 'party' to arrive. Turns out a lot of the 'gang' couldn't show, that just left Ronnie, Alan, Ashlyn, and I. Even Ronald was surprised that the few others he invited didn't come. Usually everyone on the block showed for a famous Knox party. But this 'party' resembled anything but a Knox party. It was just a bunch of teenagers with nothing to do, sitting on bean bags in my basement. 

"Doritos anyone?" I asked as I warily held up a bowl half filled with Doritos. Ronnie had take the liberty of commandeering the bowl for the first ten minutes of the party and had emptied almost all of the bowl.

"There's still some left?" Ashlyn asked in amazement, her violet eyes going wide. After watching Ronald inhale the bowl of chips, anyone would be dumbstruck to see crumbs left. 

"I do not eat that many Doritos!" Ronnie argued half-heartedly. Even Alan looked bummed out. This New Year's Party was a total bust. 

"Any ideas for a game?" I asked, praying that someone would find something - or anything - to do. 

Alan brightened a little at the prospect of a game. "How about musical chairs?!" Alan hopped up and down happily. 

Ronnie and I busted out laughing. "What are we, three?" Ronnie asked. Alan put his head down in shame. "Dude, we're manly guys that play things lik-"

"Musical chairs!" Ashlyn shot Ronnie a death glare and he quit laughing. Ronald Knox knew better than to defy Ashlyn. She was, after all, the cousin of the most intimidating guy in the junior class. I sighed and went to look for a few chairs in the storage room. I came back with a couple of fold up chairs. 

"-and that is how you can get the newest mod for Minecraft." I heard my cousin Ethan explaining his video game to Ronnie. I rushed down the stairs to see Ethan and James sprawled on the basement carpet. 

"Hey Will!" Ethan and James greeted me with their most innocent smiles. 

"What are you two doing?!" I demanded. I didn't need these two making the party any lamer. 

"Talking," James stated. 

"Yeah," Ethan agreed, "we weren't doing any harm."

"What's with this gay party anyway?" James sneered. "Where's the chics?" 

"Excuse me?!" Ashlyn huffed. 

"Pardon my brother," Ethan smirked. "He meant, 'Where's the hot chics?'."

"Okay, that's it, I'm going to kill you, you brats," Ashlyn hissed. Ronnie held her back and I was stuck answering my idiot cousins. 

"If you're talking about Grell, she's at the Demon High party," I stated sighing. 

"Why's your woman at some other loser's party?" James demanded. 

"She's not my wo-" 

"Dude," Ethan interrupted, "are you that pathetic that your girl ditched you for some Demon High lackey?" 

"Shut up." I ordered. "Number one, Grell isn't my woman. Two, even if she was, Grell's a free person and can do whatever the heck she wants to. Three, do I look like the jerk who would keep his 'woman' from a party she wanted to go to?" 

"Dang man," James said shaking his head, "you are one sad dude."

"They have a point," Ronnie pointed out. "Sebastian took Grell when you were going to ask her out. He practically snatched your woman out of your arms."

"And whisked her off to the realm of Demon High," Ashlyn added. She traced an imaginary road through the air in front of her.

"Only to come down with a severe case of Stockholm Syndrome and fall in love with that creep Sebastian," Alan said, earning a laugh from everyone but me.