Chapter Nine: The Homecoming Night

A collaboration fanfic written by myself and @NatStillLives. This chapter was written by me and is posted on Nat's fanfiction.net , along with the rest of this story. Don't hesitate to inform us about any spelling or grammar mistakes.

"Happy places, Will," I muttered, "happy pla-"

"Hey, you're that William guy, aren't you?" Sebastian had unknowingly interrupted my attempt to ignore him with my 'happy places' tactic. I let out an annoyed groan, I hadn't even known him for five minutes and I was already positive that I didn't like him. I turned to face him and I was almost disgusted by the sight. He wrapped one of his overprotective muscular arms around Grell and she swooned into his chest. It made me sick that she had chosen him.

I shook my head, brushing away my jealous thoughts. "Yeah, that's me," I answered with a forced smile. I faked the happiness for Grell's sake - if she was happy with him, I was happy for them. But if that was the case. why was I so jealous, and why did I envy Sebastian so much for being chosen by Grell?

"Ah, I thought so," Sebastian answered with a nod. "My Grell just won't shut up about you."

"She won't?" I asked. What on earth would make Grell think that it was a good idea to talk about me, her best male friend, to her own boyfriend?

Grell nodded in agreement. "Yeah. About what a great person you are, everything you do for her," Sebastian trailed on, and I began to get the suspicion that he wasn't as bad as I expected. I could get use to being praised like this. "How you asked her out to Homecoming."

I was wrong. His last statement was spoken with a cold tone, and it hit me like a stab in the back. He shot a quick glare at me, a silent warning to stay away from his girlfriend. The look itself could send chills up anyone's back, but with the gleam in his crimson eyes, it was beyond creepy.

Eric came up behind me and patted my back. "It was a misunderstanding, William had no idea you two were even dating at the time. None of us did." I sighed in relief, I was glad that I could rely on Eric to back me up.

Sebastian nodded solemnly and sighed. "Ah, I get it. Just a little mistake." He chuckled under his breath. "Come on, I got us some great seats."

Our little group followed Sebastian into the stands. We were up on the third row, near the section reserved for the pep band. Grell chose to sit on Sebastian's lap, he wrapped his arms around her and rested his chin on her shoulder so he could peer out onto the field. Remi sat down next to Eric, leaning into him as she chatted away to him. I was confused as to why she returned to town from college, it was only Homecoming. All she was really going to do while she was into town was go to the dance with Eric and then leave the next morning.

Unluckily for me, I was sandwiched between the two couples. Ronnie looked up from the pep band area and waved to me, drumsticks in hand. He flashed me a supportive thumbs up, telling me that I could survive this football game wedged between two sets of lovers. His band director scolded him for not paying attention, which I found rather amusing. The band began to play our school's fight song as our football team ran onto the field, preparing for kickoff.

About five minutes into the first quarter, Grell squealed and nearly jumped out of her seat on top of Sebastian's thighs.She let out a little gasp before explaining her unexpected burst of surprise."I can't believe I almost forgot! The North High Cheerleaders are performing at halftime!" She turned to Eric, Remi and I, her ruby red lips in a pout. "Sorry, guys, I'll come join you after the half, okay?"

We all nodded in understanding, mumbling our okays."Alright. See you then, babe," Sebastian answered, reaching up to kiss her cheek. She giggled and blushed due to his sign of affection, proceeding to skip down the bleachers over to the school to change into her cheerleader's uniform.