Chapter Eight: Happy Place, William

A collaboration fanfic written by myself and @NatStillLives. This chapter was written by the fabulous Nat and is posted on her fanfiction.net , along with the rest of this story. Don't hesitate to inform us about any spelling or grammar mistakes

I pulled my backpack out of my locker and waltzed out of the school's front door. Heading to the parking lot, I stopped at the scarlet convertible. I waited for Grell to get her butt outside. She had to get her English book from the English room before she could go home, apparently. 

After she had dumped me before we even went out, we went back to being best friends. Grell gave me rides home, did homework with me, and went out for milkshakes with Ronnie, Alan, Eric, and I. Everything was good and well with the world. I kind of alright with things being back to normal. 

"Hey William!" I snapped out of my daydream to see Grell jogging over to the car. "Guess what!" I sighed as she stopped in front of me.

"What is it, Grell?" I asked. There was absolutely no way I could guess what she wanted me to. She bounced up and down repeatedly. 

"You know about homecoming?!" Grell asked. She was really hyper this afternoon. Maybe she had too much coffee. 

"Who doesn't know about homecoming?" I asked bluntly. Grell rolled her eyes and placed one delicate hand on her right hip. 

"Guess," she ordered. I smirked and copied her stance. I had time to kill and the stamina to stand here all day. After the first minute Grell looked ticked off. The next minute she looked like she would die if she didn't tell me her news. "Fine!" Grell caved at the challenge. "We're playing the South High Demons!"

My jaw practically hit the concrete. "Does that mean-"

"Yes! Sebastian will be in town, not just the Homecoming Dance, but the game as well!" Grell cheerfully informed me. 

I wasn't as excited as she was. I had only planned to go to the game, and not the dance. That way I wouldn't have to meet this Sebastian. The only reason I was going to the game was because Ronnie and Alan, who were playing pep band, had asked me to come. 

"Well, I guess I can determine whether or not this Sebastian, is worthy of Ronnie and I's Grell," I said. I pulled it of as a joke, but I was dead serious in my head.

"You guys are too protective!" Grell joked. I laughed along with her as we got into the convertible.  "I can't wait for you and Ronnie to meet him!" Grell added happily. "You're going to love him!" Somehow I doubted that, but I didn't have the heart to tell her my thoughts. 

I jumped into Grell's car and waited for her to join me. I awkwardly tried to get my friend's attention away from the subject of her date. "So, um," I desperately tried to think of something, "what's the date of the game?" 

"It's this Friday!" Grell looked shocked. "How could you forget?!" I winced and then just put my head down in mock shame. Today was Thursday, the game was in a day. 

"What dress are you wearing?" I asked. She brightened up and got into the driver's seat. 

"It's the most gorgeous thing you've ever seen!" Grell chattered off. She hit the gas and began to speed out of the parking lot. "Will you're parents mind if I take you to my house to see it?" 

"I'll text them quick," I said. Reaching into my pocket I pulled out my cell. I texted my mom that I was going to Grell's house for a little while. Mom texted me back the okay. "We're good," I informed my friend. 

Grell talked about Sebastian and homecoming the whole way to her house. Apparently he was tall, had raven black hair, garnet eyes, and had the patience of a saint. I mean, come on. The only qualification I didn't meet was the garnet eyes. Okay, maybe the patience too. I was just as good as Sebastian! But if Grell wanted Sebastian over me, I could live with it. As long as my Grell is happy, I'm content.