Chapter Thirty Five: Eric's Guilty Pleasure

"I love you, Alan," Eric whispered into my ear.  His warm breath tickled pleasantly. I sighed and leaned closer to him. Eric was so warm and perfect.  

"I don't know what to sa-" I stammered 

"Say you'll be mine forever!" Eric interrupted me. "Marry m-" 

I winced as I heard my alarm clock go off.  "Why is it that I always get woken up when I'm having a good dream?" I muttered. I wanted to take something and smash that torture device that always woke me up.  As I rolled out of my soft bed I heard a soft groan from Eric.  Pausing, I looked over to my roommate.  Today's a Saturday, so I had previously planned for the day off of school. I had set the alarm clock for ten and was going to let Eric sleep in. I stayed frozen until I heard his light snoring. 

Dragging my feet on the old, fawn brown carpet, I made my way to the "kitchen".  I was jolted to a bright eyed, bushy tailed version of myself when my bare feet touched the ice-cold tile floor. Squealing in surprise, I jumped. "I hate this floor," I muttered as I made my way to the cupboard. I pulled out a bowl and the Cheerios. Grabbing milk from the mini fridge, I made breakfast. 

My cereal crunched helplessly in my mouth as I devoured it. I've got a babysitting job from 1:00 - 6:00 in the afternoon, so I have to start the day with a good breakfast. As I went over my schedule for the day, I flipped through messages in my phone. I noticed a missed text from Grell.  When I saw the subject I was genuinely surprised, but then remembered that she and William had agreed to go to Prom as friends. 

From: Grell

To: Alan

Subject: Prom

Hey! U wanna come with Ashlyn and I? We r going shopping for prom dresses and would like your opinion. PLZ SAY YES.

P.S. Meet us in front of the mall @4:00  

XOXO~GrellBell

I groaned inwardly.  It had been two week since the amusement park incident.  Ever since I had to dress in feminine clothes, I have been treated like "One of The Girls".

"I'm a man!" I shrieked loudly.  "I don't go on shopping sprees with girls!  I'm sick of being asked to wear a skirt!  I'm sick of Ashlyn trying to get me to put on that pink sundress she's been trying to get me in for the past two weeks!  What do they think I am?!  A girl?!  I'm a man! Argh!" I ran my fingers through my hair and told myself to get a grip.  I sighed and began to type a reply to apologize for not being able to make it to the mall.

"Alan! Hold on, Alan! I'm coming to save you!!" I jumped as I saw Eric sprinting into our "kitchen".  His hair was in tangles, he was dressed only in his boxers, his eyes were red from sleep, and Eric was waving a lamp around like he was about to hit someone.

Eric's point of view

I jumped out of bed the second I heard Alan's screams. He was screaming bloody murder and I needed to help him. I grabbed for the nearest weapon. I saw a lamp sitting on Alan's nightstand so I ran and snatched it up, unplugging it from the wall in the process. 

"Alan! Hold on Alan! I'm coming to save you!" I yelled as I ran to the direction of his screams. He looked like a deer caught in headlights. 

"What are yo-" Alan broke off his question to laugh. He then fell out of his chair wheezing. He laughed until he cried. What was so-

Oh. I mentally slapped myself. I must of looked like an idiot. Running out here, with a lamp. Note to self: Buy a baseball bat. I sighed and set the lamp down on the counter. "What were you screaming for Alan?" I growled. "You obviously aren't dying or getting kidnapped."