Chapter Three: Sake of the Game

A collaboration fanfic written by myself and @NatStillLives. This chapter was written by me and is posted on Nat's fanfiction.net , along with the rest of this story. Don't hesitate to inform us about any spelling or grammar mistakes. Let's also keep in mind that my romance writing skills have probably not improved since "CinderAlana"

"You're finally back!" I turned around to see my mother. She practically skipped up to me and wrapped her arms around me, pulling me into a hug. After seeing her so happy, I didn't think I had the guts to tell her about detention. "So, how was my little Will's first day as a senior?" She cooed. Although my mother was late into her forties, she still acted like one of those super-young moms you only ever see parenting kids on television shows.

I chuckled at her as she let go of the hug. Will was the nickname she had called me by since I was a child, she picked up on it after my dad kept dropping the 'Liam' part of my name. Ever since then I had been Will to the both of them. "It wasn't bad, but it wasn't that great either."

"Just so-so?" She asked, her hands on her hips. I noticed she was wearing her apron, which I presumed that meant I had interrupted her cooking in the kitchen. I knew it was derogatory to say that 'the woman's place is in the kitchen', but with my mother, it was true. She was able to cook gourmet meals so heavenly, they could satisfy the tastes of God himself.

"Just so-so." I agreed. "Mom, I'm going to a party over at Ronnie's tonight, is that alright?"

She chuckled, shaking her head in amusement. "That Knox boy and his parties. I suppose you can, as long as you help clean up the dishes and do any homework you have before hand. Just be back by eleven."

I laughed and started up the stairs. "What kind of teacher assigns homework on the first day?" I called down at her as I reached the peak of the staircase, which led into the second floor of our home. 

"Mr.Landers would!" She retorted back up. My mom had Mr.Landers in her class when she was in high school, and she had never really liked him or his over-inflated ego either. I heard her laugh a bit more before sighing again. "Dinner's at five thirty, be ready, Will!"

"I will!" I shouted back as I slammed the door to my room. I flopped down on my bed and stared blankly up at the ceiling. I still couldn't believe that Grell had gotten us all into dentention. I knew it wasn't her fault, but I still couldn't help but be angry. This was the first dentention I had ever recieved, it would be an ugly blotch on my permenant record.

After a bit more of wallowing in my own self-pity and raging at my red-haired diva friend, I heard my text tone go off. I pulled out my phone and saw it was from Ronnie. I typed in my passcode and checked the message.

Ronald: I need your opinion and fast man. STB tonight or not?

William: I guess I'm up for it, as long as I don't end up kissing you.

Ronald: You think you're funny, don't you?

William: You know I am, Ronnie.

Ronald: Shut up. And thanks for the input. Remember, at seven. Grell's expecting you.

I clicked the power button and set my phone over on my desk. Spin the Bottle would be interesting tonight. I knew Grell would wanna play, and Ronnie would probably drag Alan into it. I relaxed on my bed for a little while longer, unable to think up anything to do.

After an hour or so and plenty of procrastinating, I heard the front door slam shut, followed by the voice of my father ringing throughout the house. "Will, Marta, I'm home!" He announced loudy.