Chapter Sixteen: McDonald's at Midnight

I woke up at midnight with a killer grumble in my stomach. It's the second day of winter break, and I'm sure not having any problems with it. I attempted to get out of bed, but instead that resulted in literally rolling out of bed and falling on the floor. Unfortunately for my cat, well- I landed on top of her. Artemis yowled in pain and clawed my face, her sharp claws sinking into my skin. 

"Stupid cat!" I whisper-shouted, holding my injured cheek as it bleed, "what the heck was that for?!" 

If Artemis could talk, I'm pretty sure she would've said, "Idiot human! How do you roll out of a bed that big? Are you just that clumsy?!" But luckily enough for me, my cat can't talk. 

I sighed and left my ticked-off cat alone to cool off. I hustled to the kitchen to open the wide expanse of the desert of the refrigerator. Definitely barren, no food to be seen. Exasperated and hungry, I slammed the door shut and called Ronald. 

The phone rang for a minute before he picked up, "Hey, what's up Will?" 

"Do you want to come to McDonald's with me and grab a bite to eat? Please man, I'm starving!" I was desperate for food of any way, shape, or form. I could even eat asparagus. Wait, never mind, I wouldn't eat asparagus.

"Of course! Does a bear poop in the woods?!" I almost expected him to answer with a yes. Ronnie loves food of all kinds, especially when he doesn't have to cook it. 

"Not if they live in a zoo." I said bluntly. 

"Don't kill my vibe," he ordered. "I'm going to see if Alan and Eric want to join us. You alright with that?"

"Yeah that's-"

"Or would you rather spend the night with me," then he added slyly, "alone." I could almost imagine him wiggling his eyebrows at me with the last word.

I busted out in laughter at his attempt to fake flirt. "Ronnie, your flirting skills are the reason you don't have a steady girlfriend."

"At least I didn't kiss my crush in the bathroom while her boyfriend stood in the next room," Ronnie shot back. That sentence took me back to Thanksgiving. I still couldn't I had been such a jerk to my best friend.

"Touché," I agreed, "give Eric and Alan a call." 

"Sure thing, man," Ronnie said before hanging up. I rushed back to the sanctuary of my room to change. I dug through my clothes to find black jeans, a green t-shirt, and a casual black vest. I'm posed in the mirror as I combed my hair to a certain position.

"My hair is now," I paused for dramatic effect, "flawless!" I rushed over to Ronnie's house to find Eric and Alan already waiting for me to arrive.

"You took long enough," Eric observed. Alan elbowed him in the gut and chided him. I rolled my eyes at them. One of these days they'd realize how compatible they are.

I shook my head. Once again, Grell's fangirl-ism had rubbed off on me.

"We ready to get going?" Ronnie asked, irritated. "Man, it's like 12:30 at night and I am hungry. Let's get a move on, cause them BigMacs are calling my name!" We sighed and followed Ronnie out the back. 

"Guys where are you going?" I asked as Eric and Alan walked to their car. "Cars are too high profile. We're taking the bikes." I motioned to three large bikes. A blue one, red one, and a black one.

"But there's only three," Alan said. "How are we gonna do this?"

I sighed and looked at Ronnie. "Do you wanna ride on the handlebars?" 

Ronnie shrugged at me. "Only if I have to, you ride a bike like your drunk." He gave me a scared look and I stuck my tongue out at him.

"I can ride on Eric's handlebars if he doesn't mind," Alan suggested. Ronnie ran up and hugged Alan, thanking Alan for saving his life. After five or ten minutes of getting Alan situated, we were on our way.